Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get the mgw or hurst competition plus shifter for my 2007 GT?? And why should I get the one you pick? Thanks chris

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Should I get the mgw or hurst competition plus shifter for my 2007 GT?? And why Is one better than the other? Thanks chris

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I like the hurst and everyone that drives my car loves it, but you just asked a horrible question my friend

·
Registered
421 Posts
I personally bought the hurst comp plus first it was ok but wasnt me. Then I got the mgw and wow what a diffrence. Most be get the hurst for the classic muscle look as well. The build on the comp plus was ok but not quality like the mgw but you also pay for the quality. But honestly they both are great its what you can afford.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The hurst came in my Shelby. Personally I'm not completely crazy about it. 2nd to 3rd feels a bit sloppy. I wouldn't mind trying out a MGW shifter at some point. The build quality looks a lot better on the MGW as well

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Hurst. Great looks and great feel. Just beware that the Hurst is a lil notchy. And I'm pretty sure the Hurst is cheaper too.
Hurst shifter puts hair on your chest, the MGW are for those Starbucks drinkers that that miss 3rd and blame the shifter

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hurst shifter puts hair on your chest, the MGW are for those Starbucks drinkers that that miss 3rd and blame the shifter
Lol Im hairy chested enough and I hate coffee and never missed third with the stock one or any other vehicle (knock on wood) everyone on another board talked it up so I gave it a try! I think I'm going to buy one so I can see what all the hype is about and compare the 2 and sell the one I don't want

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Thanks for all the input! I've always liked mgw all the reviews and feedback are nothing but good. I've heard the hurst has road noise is that true?
Mine doesn't have any, and I'd be inclined to say the reviews are soo good cause it cost so much, delusion normally sets in to justify the money lost

You will be happy with any shifter you choose, personally I love the look and notchy hotrod feel, that's is why I got it, if you want you cars shifts to feel like a miata don't buy the hurst

1 - 20 of 33 Posts