Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a 06 Mustang GT with a 5 Speed. I had my subs installed. I tinted the the windows to limo black. I also put straight pipes (with cats), a BBK 62mm Throttle body, Airaid Race CAI and a custom tune from my local hot rod shop. And WOW!! Completely different car. Car gets down even harder in the bottom and and pulls way harder through all the gears. So my main question I'm trying to get to is.. WHAT DO I DO NEXT!! Any other little mods that won't break the bank but will also show a little bit more?? Any help I would appreciate!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Wheels. ^Gears. And ^suspension.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
What's stock gears on your year. 3.55? If you go 80 down freeway a lot then 4.10 would be too much. 3.73 would be good but won't feel too much of a difference from 3.55 to 3.73.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
No dude don't listen to him iv got 4.10 and in crushing right around 3000 on the freeway right at 80...4.10 are the way to go
I would not want to cruise 80 at 3k. That's a waste but 4.10s are beast. But cruising 75 at 2k with 3.27 is loud in my car now 80 at 3k would be stupid loud lol. I'm staying with 3.73 when I get gears. Now I may go 4.10 if 3.73 isn't enough lol.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I would not want to cruise 80 at 3k. That's a waste but 4.10s are beast. But cruising 75 at 2k with 3.27 is loud in my car now 80 at 3k would be stupid loud lol. I'm staying with 3.73 when I get gears. Now I may go 4.10 if 3.73 isn't enough lol.
3.73 aren't enough. Since the price of install is the same it better to get steeper so u fell it more. And the exaust actually quotes down at 2700. It's not loud

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
3.73 aren't enough. Since the price of install is the same it better to get steeper so u fell it more. And the exaust actually quotes down at 2700. It's not loud
That's very true. Your exhaust goes down but mine don't lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm going to vote for suspension. Thats the stage I'm in now then I'll be going for gears. Get that power to the ground son!

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

80 on the expressway... man I must be the slow one out of the bunch. I'm inbetween 60 to 70 unless somebody wants to play usually haha.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have a hurst and while the quality is fantastic and the throws much shorter, it never softened up so the time shaved by shifting shorter is lost on the effort required. I'd go MGW in hindsight.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts