Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sat. when I was out, some one scratched the side of my rear bumper pretty good. It's very noticable to me. So now I'm at a crossroads on what to do.

My two choices are to repaint the front (all scratched up) and rear bumper, get the carbon fiber hood, chin spoiler, and smoked headlights and be done with the outside except for the 10th Anniversary Cobras. Or, I could get the Saleen Body kit with the clear headlights and chrome Saleens.

What should I do? :uhh:

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
I was going to post a link to a set of 10th ann rims and tires for sale, but $1200 seems a bit steep to me. They have like 2000 miles on them, but still, 300 per wheel + tire used...I'm not sure. If you want the link...I can send it to you.

But I do agree....go with choice 1.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Choice 2....for some reason I favor that I dont know why????

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
i say 2 cause repainting just one or two parts of the car never really works good cause you can never match the paint exactly

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
n8r said:
i say 2 cause repainting just one or two parts of the car never really works good cause you can never match the paint exactly
im on the same boat, go with choice 2 imho.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
n8r said:
But if he gets a saleen kit, won't he just be painting the saleen pieces and trying to match them to the rest of the car? Same concept, just different pieces.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Im doing Saleen body kit, Saleen Chrome Rims, Cobra R hood w00t

·
Registered
800 Posts
so jason didnt know you was old enough for the Nj Lottery? :)

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
lol, I did get a Slaeen Front bumper and its no fiberglass :) I should play the lotto

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Dom said:
:leghump1:

That's very close to what I want. Except you forgot the chin spoiler. ;)
oops, i'll fix that after i do option 2

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i think a carbon fiber hood would just look bad... and tend to rice out the car.... dont get one unless you plan to paint it... then wahts the point there are far better things to spend the money on instead of saving a couple lbs on the front end.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SpectorV said:
i think a carbon fiber hood would just look bad... and tend to rice out the car.... dont get one unless you plan to paint it... then wahts the point there are far better things to spend the money on instead of saving a couple lbs on the front end.
The plan is to leave the top part of the "cowl" on the hood carbon fiber and paint the sides. It really is just a looks thing.

They also have the hood in blue carbon fiber. (or kevlar :lol: )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts