Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 18 and will not be able to use a car full-time for a year or so (college parking nonsense) and should have 3-4 grand in the bank by next summer. Only a few constraints:

1. It has to be manual transmission (FUN)
2. It can't have a ton of miles (120k+ is a no-no)
3. As stated before, probably on a ~4,000 budget (maybe 5)
4. Unless it's ready for performance, like a Mustang, I want to be able to add some custom parts (air intake, manifest, racing seats, MAYBE a body kit)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
well #4 on your list states modifications, for this i would recommend a Japanese car such as a Honda, Mitsubishi or Toyota to name a few. these cars are usually heavily modified in japan so chances are that you will fin custom parts for these cars. btw mate, for 4000$ your not going to be able to buy a performance car but maybe a one that was back in the early 90's. most older cars come with manual so that shouldn't be a problem and your simply going to have to accept that most of these cars are going to have high millage.
start looking in your local paper for used car deals, you can get a working car for under 1000$ if you look well and make sure you have the car checked before and have all the maintenance and paperworlk looked at before you buy.

my pick would be a Honda civic (old models) they can be heavily accessorized, old models are cheap and they pretty much can meet all your constraints

good luck man

·
Registered
50 Posts
Realistically speaking, you can't get a Mod Car for 4000. If you do then it would be a Pile of Rust or has Waaaay too many miles or both.

Given your requirement of a Stick Shifter, I'd want to find out weather you want a Drift Car or a Stock Car ? Depending on that your choice of car would be different.

Both the Japanese Cars as well as the 70's 80's Muscle cars are good choices. You do have to do a bit searching as the cars might not be easy to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts