Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get a Ford Chip

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you dont need a chip to tune a converter. they actually lock it up when tuning, so its kinda pointless.

i voted for the converter. it will give you 10x more performance than the chip will. you wont have to run 92 octane gas, and it will give you 0.5 off your ET alone.

plus, a chip you have to get reburned everytime you get a big mod. why not wait and get that as one of your last mods to avoid the reburn costs.

oh, and when you get the converter, remember to get a tranny cooler. aftermarket converters add some heat and the cooler the tranny, the longer the life

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
you wont have to run 92 octane gas
Even with a chip, he wouldnat have to run 92 :wtf: . You can get a chip burned for any octane you want to use... it doesnt always have to be 92 :rolleyes: .

I voets cor the stall converter as well. Chips are too damn expensive to keep re-burning. :oops:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Rellik said:
you wont have to run 92 octane gas
Even with a chip, he wouldnat have to run 92 :wtf: . You can get a chip burned for any octane you want to use... it doesnt always have to be 92 :rolleyes: .

I voets cor the stall converter as well. Chips are too damn expensive to keep re-burning. :oops:

correct, but to get the most timing you need to run the highest octane possible. ie 92

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Rellik said:
Still not worth it :rolleyes:

i agree with you. see my post. i said chips arent good til the end of modding and for him to get the converter now. :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
[No message]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts