Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I get? I have up to $300 to spend on my 1987 GT and I don't know what to get! It is bone stock. I want a nice new exhaust. Something with a nice rumble at lower rpms and at idle. Or a cold air. Or msd parts. I already have the box, but that's it.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
What should I get? I have up to $300 to spend on my 1987 GT and I don't know what to get! It is bone stock. I want a nice new exhaust. Something with a nice rumble at lower rpms and at idle. Or a cold air. Or msd parts. I already have the box, but that's it.
I would either go with an O/R midpipe or a set of Gears! Gears are on the most beneficial mods you can do in my opinion. You could also go with a CAI or MSD, they're all great products!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would either go with an O/R midpipe or a set of Gears! Gears are on the most beneficial mods you can do in my opinion. You could also go with a CAI or MSD, they're all great products!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Do you mean gears for the rear end? How difficult is it to change them?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yea rear end. I've heard its better to pay to have it done. Probably cost few hundred bucks for labor.

Then your speedometer will be wrong so you'd have to buy a tuner to correct it. Or pay a shop to correct it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea rear end. I've heard its better to pay to have it done. Probably cost few hundred bucks for labor.

Then your speedometer will be wrong so you'd have to buy a tuner to correct it. Or pay a shop to correct it.
I would just get a new speedo gear.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I would just get a new speedo gear.
Yes, I'm talking about the rear end gears. They make a huge difference on any year Mustang and are definitely one of the best bangs for the buck!

I would recommend professional installation if you've never attempted to tackle this job before. The shimming has to be perfect or you're going to experience some whining, clunking etc.. You can also run the Speedo gear to correct your speedometer!

-Dan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is you car a manual? If so I would absolutely go with an MGW short throw shifter. One of the best mods I've made to my car and makes daily driving even more of a delight.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is you car a manual? If so I would absolutely go with an MGW short throw shifter. One of the best mods I've made to my car and makes daily driving even more of a delight.
No, it's an automatic. Someday I would like to swap it out for a manual though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts