Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am extemely new at this. I have a 2004 V6 Mustang. The CAI is on the way from ebay dealer. I was curious as to what mod all of you experienced cats would do next to my car if it was yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking mostly about dual exhaust. It will take me awhile to save up for that. I wanted to go true dual. I really like the looks of the Magnaflow system. Am I right in thinking that I will need both of these items? Please don't boot me for being a ****** when it comes to cars.
http://www.lmperformance.com/3597/50.html
http://www.extremeeffect.com/38cathpipeinfo.html

Plus then I have to pay for installation...
Don't laught but I am going to attempt my CAI installation myself. At least I will have a friend there that knows a little about cars.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
with the h pipe and that cat back it should all bolt together nicely, the only hard part about doing it is getting the factory exhaust off. Took me forever laying on my back with a hacksaw.lol. What I would do is get some GT take offs, and have those put on. ALOT cheaper, and if you like you can change the mufflers out later.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
not a bad price....can't use the h pipe though? but you could have the "H" part cut off and fabbed onto your y pipe to have true duals

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
exhaut is definatly the best place to start. get ONLY stainless steel tips what ever you do.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
YES!! Get stainless tips. My chrome is coming off, with only 4k on hte exhaust!!! And I keep the car pretty clean. Oh well, got some GT tailpipes comin to fix that.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Duals, and Gears...

plus any little bolt-ons you can work in,
but duals and gears are the heavy-hitters
at this level. The gears give the extra acceleration
you want, and work best on modded cars, and I
like 3.73's or higher on 5 speeds and 4.10's (+) on auto.
Get 2.25" duals for NA combos, and use 2.5" duals
on SC'ed setups.

I need to sticky my modding guide up in here for y'all :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Confused!!!

Hey guys,

I'm new to this as well. I'm looking at putting on a new exhaust and came across this thread. What is confusing me is the H-Pipe. Tippie2000 put up this link...http://www.extremeeffect.com/38cathpipeinfo.html but from looking at the picture, I thought you would need long tube headers. I thought he would need to get this instead...http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6sthp.htm Aren't the stock headers short tube? Am I basing way too much on the pictures alone? Or do they both work and I'm just completely wrong?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You are correct. The first cat H you show the link for is for long tube headers, the second is for stock tubular manifolds or shortie headers. Newer, 99+ V6s have tubular manifolds, not shortie headers, 94-98 v6s have stock shortie headers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
depends upon how much you want to spend...lol I put well over $4000 worth of modifications into my car. I had both intakes ported and polished along with my heads. I also had my heads shaved down .030. In addition, I bought a Vortech supercharger and a different fuel system (60mm tb and high performance fuel injectors) and a nice true dual flowmaster exhaust system. I also have a t-lok differential with 3.73 gears and a Ford F-4 chip for my tranny. Next thing to come is a stroker kit. My 3.8 is soon to be a 4.4!

·
Registered
16 Posts
you should get the low gear in the rear first ....you will like this best...just got one today and it works very well...also got the t-lok with it and now both wheels spin...thats good.

and the mod isn't that expensive....

about $350.00 for parts [used,gear w/ t-lok] and labor..

but, being your car is new, you might want to opt. for new parts...it cost a little more....

this i recomend highly....:cool: ....!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts