Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on 17x10 deep dish bullet rims?

i don't want my tires to rub, and i haven't lowered my stang at all yet, but i plan on dropping it an inch or an inch and a half

i'm lookin to get these in august i think. right now i'm just curious cuz i have no idea how to tell what size tires to get

thanks in advance

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would go with 275x45's and you should do fine, Kuhmo are gonna be your cheapest bang for the buck, and they handle pretty well!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
275/40/17s

youll probably rub slighty if the wheels cranked all the way, but besides that youll be ok. That size tire is recommended for 9.0"-11.0" width of rim.

Ill be putting 255/45/17s on my 17x9s

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Please whenever you get a puncture in your tire ONLY USE A PATCH FROM THE INSIDE NEVER USE THE HOLE PLUG TYPE

At High speeds the tire heats and expands and the hole pluge can fail causing instant loss of air and possible death as you lose control of your car.

Pay the extra money and have them take the tire off the rim and repair it with a patch

·
Registered
941 Posts
10" wide on the front??? that's very much overboard. a 275mm tire will fit on a 10", but you may get some curb rash because it is too narrow for the wheel by approx 1".

a 10" wide wheel needs at /least/ a 295, 305, 315mm tire. i'd do with 305/35/17.

nice choice... deep dish bullits look great.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i suppose i could just put the deep dish rims on the back and put regular ones on the front

·
Registered
800 Posts
thats what most do, they dont do deep all the way around

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I don't even think anyone would sell you 10 or 10.5 inch rims to go on the front of your car, they are strictly made to run on the rear. As someone said you could run a 275/40, but its not enough tire for that rim. You need at least a 295/ or larger, 305/ , 315, something like that. Sorry, you just can't rotate your tires in a case like that, have to live with it. I can't rotate mine right now because I still have 245/45s on the front, not going to toss them til I wear them out, lol, cost too much. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, so basically i shouldn't bother with the deep dish rims? i mean, i don't do drifting of power sliding, so i don't go through tires fast at all. i dunno, like i said, this mod is in august at the soonest. so i'm open to suggestions. the only thing i know for sure is that i want the anthracite bullit rims. deep dish or regular doesn't really matter as long as they don't rub

·
Registered
574 Posts
They don't have deep dish in 17x9 or 18x9? All I know is that I spend about $400 every year replacing my rear tires. You have to take into account the expense of new tires when you do upgrades like this.. It's not a one-time purchase. And then what about flats? You can't repair low-pro tires. You have to buy new ones at $160+.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
any tire can be fixed as long as its not a hole in the sidewall..

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*cries* all this random number talk is confusing

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ok, for example 245/45/17...245 is the section width of the tire in millimeters, how wide it is, then the second number is the percentage of the section width, so the 45 is 45% of 245, thats how high the sidewall is, then the 17 is the rims diameter in inches. Hope that helped ya some :confused:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
275s are way way to narrow for a 10 wide rim.... for a 10 wide you will need a 315mm wide tire at least and for the side wall not sure but do some math and it will probably be a 35 series or less~

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i snagged some deep dish bullitt 17x9's from crossroadzdirect. that's 275/40/17 tires?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea, a 275/40/17 tire is the BEST and should be ONLY choice of tire size for a 17 by 9 rim unless you want a little fatter for the rear of your car and i would stop at 305-315's

I have Yokahoma AVE ES 100s, in the 275/40/17 they were 129 each from tirerack with 10 each shipping. They look WAY WAY better than the kumo 712s and are a better tire for just a little bit more money.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts