Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get my oil changed today because my dealer sent me A free oil & Filter change. I have had my car six months and 3,450 miles and I wanted to change it anyway.

The old guy that did my oil change was really good. He even put cardboard down so oil would not get on my car when he did the filter. He was good enough to let me in the shop to look at the bottom of my car, Yes, The V6 does come with an X-Pipe and not an H-Pipe.

It is what he said to me that made my day. He said:
""""When I started this car I thought it was a V8 """"""He said he was really surprised to open the hood and see it was a V6. I guess the Magnaflow streets did what I want them to do. Yep, He made my day.
Ronnie

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
ronnie948 said:
I went to get my oil changed today because my dealer sent me A free oil & Filter change. I have had my car six months and 3,450 miles and I wanted to change it anyway.

The old guy that did my oil change was really good. He even put cardboard down so oil would not get on my car when he did the filter. He was good enough to let me in the shop to look at the bottom of my car, Yes, The V6 does come with an X-Pipe and not an H-Pipe.

""""When I started this car I thought it was a V8 """"""He said he was really surprised to open the hood and see it was a V6. I guess the Magnaflow streets did what I want them to do. Yep, He made my day.
Ronnie
+1

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's awesome. The Magnaflow Streets are on my list if the GT500 deletes don't work out. Do you mind telling me if your gas mileage changed after install of exhaust?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Otis

I put them on when my car was brand new, just under 300 miles or so if I remember. My Mpg on my trip up north was 29 1/2 for the round trip. Since I have only been driving around Daytona,area I get 26 to 28. That is without trying to get the best MPG.

I put the Progressive Insurance snapshot in last week to see if I can save a little more on my insurance so I now have been driving like a sissy. For some reason they do not know that people in front of you slam on the brakes for no reason coming to an intersection with the stupid idiot red light cameras. I now have two points against me because I did not want to hit an idiot in the ass when they slammed on the brakes with a green light showing. I now try to totally avoid going anywhere near an intersection that has a camera.

So far driving like a sissy and going real slow and not hard breaking I am only showing 22.8 on my MPG gage on the dash. Try to figure that out.

And to DDTCM, Of course I'm happy, This old guy drives Rousch's, GT's, SVT's, and all sorts of Mustangs and he liked my Magnaflows enough to give me a statement of what he thought. They do sound great to me but it is nice hearing it from someone else. The best $512.00 I ever spent on a car.

This guy even wiped the mufflers spiffy clean while my car was up on the rack. They shine like brand new again.

Ronnie

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
I put them on when my car was brand new, just under 300 miles or so if I remember. My Mpg on my trip up north was 29 1/2 for the round trip. Since I have only been driving around Daytona,area I get 26 to 28. That is without trying to get the best MPG.

I put the Progressive Insurance snapshot in last week to see if I can save a little more on my insurance so I now have been driving like a sissy. For some reason they do not know that people in front of you slam on the brakes for no reason coming to an intersection with the stupid idiot red light cameras. I now have two points against me because I did not want to hit an idiot in the ass when they slammed on the brakes with a green light showing. I now try to totally avoid going anywhere near an intersection that has a camera.

So far driving like a sissy and going real slow and not hard breaking I am only showing 22.8 on my MPG gage on the dash. Try to figure that out.

And to DDTCM, Of course I'm happy, This old guy drives Rousch's, GT's, SVT's, and all sorts of Mustangs and he liked my Magnaflows enough to give me a statement of what he thought. They do sound great to me but it is nice hearing it from someone else. The best $512.00 I ever spent on a car.

This guy even wiped the mufflers spiffy clean while my car was up on the rack. They shine like brand new again.

Ronnie
I tried the snap shot thing. When I really try to drive conservative, I still get on average 4 hard brakes a day because of the crazy miami traffic. I maxed out at 24 hard brakes in one day. Snap shot is not for me. It's sad though, because I am a great driver. I just can't seem to stop slow enough. My wife on the other hand, who has 3 major accidents, all her fault,and 4 speeding tickets, qualified for the full 30 percent. And me, no tickets or accidents, gets no discount. Funny how it works.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
ronnie948 said:

Ronnie
Some of those new v6s are beast! I had my 99 v6 and I loved it than traded for a 99 cobra and the power was awesome later i test drove I think an 11 or 12' v6 and I'm like woah! Lol sooner or later v6s will come outta factory pushing 400hp one day...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ronnie, thanks for the feedback on your mileage. Sounds like you are getting great mileage. I was curious because I've heard a couple people say changing the exhaust causes a drop in gas mileage due to back pressure changes. Thanks again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Reading this post really makes me impatient to hear how my Magnaflow Street Catback will sound on my car. Sadly I have no idea when I'll get to put it on since I've been working so much mandatory overtime at work.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts

Ronnie
Now. Show all those people that bashed me for being wrong. Thank you thank you thank you lol

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi JoshLSTV

I think you will be very happy with the streets. That is if you just want a great sound without being so loud you can't hear your radio.

You will love your car as soon as you start it up for the first time. And it will actually sound better after you put a few thousand miles on them.

The Cat-backs may even sound better then just the axlebacks.(I don't know but I would think so)

You gotta work to pay for stuff like this so just wait until Christmas day to install them. I'm pretty sure you may have to cut your pipes just rear side of the cat's but maybe someone that installed these on A 2013 can say. If you do have to cut the pipes it would be wise to pull the whole pipe off and Measure at least five times before cutting. Then re-install the pipes and then put on the mufflers.

Use dish washing soap on the rubber hangers to let the rods slip out and on easy. It goes away and don't mess anything up like oil will. Be sure to use "JACK STANDS" and do not go under a car without them.

:good::good:Ronnie:good:

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
That's weird. I had a v6 with the borla s type and it never came close to what my v8 sounds like. It sounded really good, just not remotely close to the characteristics of a v8.

·
Registered
730 Posts

Ronnie
Hi Ronnie, the mechanic that did my rust proofing was also quite amazed when he got under the car and said holy crap this is a six and has an H-pipe!? Well I washed the car in my garage today and decided to take a quick look for myself, mind you there's not much room but I looked as best as I could, and you have a very good argument! Not sure if its a true X-pipe but I couldn't totally get under. +1

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hi Mikeyt03

I have heard the Borla's on a V6 and you are right. They are very tinny sounding and loud. They sure do not have the deep rumble that the Magnaflow streets put out. Loud and obnoxious is not always a good sounding exhaust.

I guess sound is "In the ear of the beholder":D

MrMike,
It is an X pipe. Meaning each side will bend in to mate like Siamese twins and bend back out to mate to the mufflers.

The H pipe is exactly that. The pipes will come off the cats and bend in but not touch and bend out to mate with the mufflers, They will have a pipe connecting the two where they are close together forming a true "H"

I'll try to find pictures when I get a chance.
Ronnie

Found some pictures

"H"-pipe

My V6 2012 MCA Mustang has the X-Pipe like the one on this X-Pipe photo.

"X"-Pipe

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
I have heard the Borla's on a V6 and you are right. They are very tinny sounding and loud. They sure do not have the deep rumble that the Magnaflow streets put out. Loud and obnoxious is not always a good sounding exhaust.

I guess sound is "In the ear of the beholder":D

MrMike,
It is an X pipe. Meaning each side will bend in to mate like Siamese twins and bend back out to mate to the mufflers.

The H pipe is exactly that. The pipes will come off the cats and bend in but not touch and bend out to mate with the mufflers, They will have a pipe connecting the two where they are close together forming a true "H"

I'll try to find pictures when I get a chance.
Ronnie

Found some pictures

"H"-pipe

My V6 2012 MCA Mustang has the X-Pipe like the one on this X-Pipe photo.

"X"-Pipe
I'm not you've heard the s type. It's not in the ball park as the magnaflow.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I wish Ronnie would have popped in on my exhaust thread claiming the x pipe. Guy swore up and down without looking under his car it was an H. But on my lift its an X with some weird cover over it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts