Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 14" rims stock. Whats the largest/widest tire I can fit?
It has 195/75r14 now.
If I can find some 15" rims what is the largest/

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got 15x7 right now the ten whole rims. I have 225/60/r15

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I think its pretty wide and I get good traction with them and doesn't hurt performance . I put cobra sway bars and suspension with these tires and I take the fukin turns sick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like those rims. Havin a hard time finding any 15" Mustang wheels. I don't hate my wheels, just not my first choice. Thanks for the input. I will be putting on larger tires. My tires have great tread, they are just 13 year old tires & that makes me nervous.

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
I like those rims. Havin a hard time finding any 15" Mustang wheels. I don't hate my wheels, just not my first choice. Thanks for the input. I will be putting on larger tires. My tires have great tread, they are just 13 year old tires & that makes me nervous.
13 year old tires? Wow, be careful.

I have rims like itsa4cylbro and I've seen them on eBay, not super cheap but they look brand new.

Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I have seen them for sale. Just not in my budget right now. Hate to buy new 14" tires cause then I'm stuck with those rims till I wear out the tires.
And yes, the 13 year old tires scare me too. thats why I want new ones

·
Registered
283 Posts
To tell you guys the truth I got a bad as s deal on craigslist lol someone sold them to me for $50 all four rims and tires . I didn't believe it but when I went to pick em up. All tired had new thread and everything I was like wtf! Bad as s!!! Lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh sure, rub it in. since my last post i found a set of the 16" pony rims. I'm gonna look at them tomorrow. All 4 for a hundred dollars...

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Oh sure, rub it in. since my last post i found a set of the 16" pony rims. I'm gonna look at them tomorrow. All 4 for a hundred dollars...
That's not bad! They'll look good on your fox

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, the craigslist ad read " Set of 4 Pony rims from Mustang" I called & he says "they are the 4 lug 16" Pony rims" I get there & they are 5 lug 16" rims off a front wheel drive Ford of some sort.....sheesh, I really don't like craigslist sellers some times.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I wasnt rubbin it in geeze lol I was just. Saying

I know, I'm just jealous

·
Registered
68 Posts
So, the craigslist ad read " Set of 4 Pony rims from Mustang" I called & he says "they are the 4 lug 16" Pony rims" I get there & they are 5 lug 16" rims off a front wheel drive Ford of some sort.....sheesh, I really don't like craigslist sellers some times.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I know, I'm just jealous
I freaking hate that and I also have the 10 hole rims on my stang lol but I bought my mustang running for $100 but I have an extra set of the 10 hole rims I think >.> they have the fins on them if you know what I'm talking about lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
I freaking hate that and I also have the 10 hole rims on my stang lol but I bought my mustang running for $100 but I have an extra set of the 10 hole rims I think >.> they have the fins on them if you know what I'm talking about lol
Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd be happy with 10 hole wheels. at least they are 15". I have those polycast 14" wheels

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I bought some 15x8 wheels and some new tires a coupla weeks ago and am very happy with them. I went with a 215/65/15 front and a 235/60/15 rear. Really gave the car a whole new look.

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
So I bought some 15x8 wheels and some new tires a coupla weeks ago and am very happy with them. I went with a 215/65/15 front and a 235/60/15 rear. Really gave the car a whole new look.
Dang those look great man! I like the different size it makes it look right!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts