Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What To Do! What To Do?

• DO I Procharge? If the deal is right...im cheap

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Do I Style it out with ground effects, bar, etc.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Or Do I Do Nothing!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what y'all think!

Ted

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good luck procharging it for cheap. I'm planning on doing that in the spring and I doubt you will get it done right (with a tune) for under $3500 (probably gonna be at least $4000)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
looks are everything :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If I can pickup a new kit for 2800-2900 plus upgrade fuel pump $400 and tune $500-$600.that shouldn't be to bad. i didn't mean super cheap but I have some things i am selling to partially fund the project.

·
Registered
529 Posts
oh, and so what about looks if ya can't back it up :p

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
a gt should be able to back up most looks :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
:headbang: go with a kennybell sc:headbang:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Charge it.

Your ride is already hot :worship: ... Charge the ***** :evil:
Just my oh so humble opinion.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KB=more $$$$$$!
and thanks Dragon Lady, sounds like yours isn't too bad, either!

Ted

·
Registered
31 Posts
Falcon said:
looks are everything :)
Sounds about right from a V6

Go with performance unless you want to make your stang look like a ricer

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am leaning toward the procharger still however all of the suspension goodies and clean looking Ground effects never hurt anything either. Performance can be much more than just overall horsepower. I don't have a dragstrip very close or a raceway so it is just me competing with my own ego on this one. BTW, i don't think style or having a V6 has to be grouped in the ricer category. I am sure you didn't mean it that way but I thought I would elaborate, anyway!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
ScottEvil said:
Sounds about right from a V6

Go with performance unless you want to make your stang look like a ricer
i was messing because i knew he had a slightly modded gt so he should add some nice visual stuff too:D it all depends on his preferance, a sc would be wicked cool too tho:good:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am always sticking up for v6 stangs. I was schooled in the pushrod dept. so I am more familiar with them anyway. I really like things that are different or unique, not that you can't drive 5 minutes without seeing a mustang. it's just standing out in the crowd that makes cars cool. 300-400 horse v6 stangs are cool. so are gt and cobras. It just gives props to the V6 guys who can invest that much money and smarts into doing it. I think some of the most unique cars with goofy powerplants are cool. Fieros with twin turbos or SBC conv.'s or Grand National's even SVO stangs. They dare to be different and that is what makes them cool!

Ted

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
I am always sticking up for v6 stangs. I was schooled in the pushrod dept. so I am more familiar with them anyway. I really like things that are different or unique, not that you can't drive 5 minutes without seeing a mustang. it's just standing out in the crowd that makes cars cool. 300-400 horse v6 stangs are cool. so are gt and cobras. It just gives props to the V6 guys who can invest that much money and smarts into doing it. I think some of the most unique cars with goofy powerplants are cool. Fieros with twin turbos or SBC conv.'s or Grand National's even SVO stangs. They dare to be different and that is what makes them cool!

Ted
well said, exactly my thoughts on cars, gets boring seeing the same old plain cars every day!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm glad you hear me knockin!

I love being around cool cars on the road, makes you feel good that there are other people out there as nuts as you are!

Ted

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am not dissing v-6 stangs, just teasing falcon, but I do feel that that body-kits do not contribute to the performance of the car other than add weight:wtf2: and make the car look ghetto, but that is just my opinion. Go with hp, the sleeper look is the in thing:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the mustang is pretty nice from the factory, but to me a Roush Stage III or Saleen is Sexy. I agree that most kits are just for looks and weight, however Jack Roush And Steve Saleen engineered theirs for aerodynamics and cooling, as well. I can see you have a great looking stang and I like to think that mine is nice, too. But a good looking kit never hurt anyone. If I was a hardcore drag racer, I would think differently, though.

Ted

·
Registered
111 Posts
the KB is the best buy....For 3800 shipped, it comes with everything you need to run the kit perfectly. All you have to buy are $96 plugs, and two guauges off of eBay. IOf you shop around right. You can be Charged for less money, be making less boost [easier on the internals], but more power. Procharger takes 8psi to make the same power as a 6psi KB kit. Now when you upgrade to the 1400 intercooler and 9psi pulley, you are in the 400rwhp range. You can only go higher with the KB.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts