• Tell me what to do, I may consider it unless its Turbo

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well X-mas is coming and I have some money to work with. Im not sure what I want to do. I dont want Gary to be beating me the the 3.8 this spring soo, I have come up with some ideas.
1. Go for appearance, finish of my car with a Saleen Heat Extractor or Cobra R hood, and Saleen rear and sides.
2. Edelbrock Performer, 70mm TB, 3.73's --> N/A Power Hell yea :)
3. Just get to the good stuff and Supercharge It --> :D
4. Saleen Rims, 18x9 and 18x10.
5. If you have your own Ideas tell me.

Im still not sure if I want to go the N/A route or Boost. Im not to happy with my performance now, and I think a S/C will make me happy for a while, and I can get some gears on there too. Tell me what you would do. Im going to have about 1000 by January to work with, and if I sell my paintball gun another 700-800.

·
Registered
676 Posts
start by putting on all the mods in your attick, then get a tri-ax(i say that because you said pro 5.0 sucked), then some 3.73's(at least), then HCI and all that good stuff, then appearence, then blower

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
sell the paintball gun, go with option 2 and depending on how much you have left, do appearence, IE rims or finish off the saleen look or something.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
shifter wise, i say go with the MGW. Looks bad as hell and I have heard it blows everything out of the water.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, Im ok with the shifter its just seems like it gets stuck switching gear, dont know if its my tranny. For Appearance I need a hood, rear bumper and side skirts thats it. I want to get my car fast, only because I would like to try to get some sponsors. Thanks for the opinions so far keep postin!!

N8 Im considering that shifter you showed me, since you can adjust it.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Ill keep looking, they had this huge ass post on modulardepot about it. Ill PM it to you whenever I find it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
put the **** on thats laying around your house damnit.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
timpryor said:
put the **** on thats laying around your house damnit.
:lol: It will go on, I rather wait to pass inspection.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Black95GT said:
:lol: It will go on, I rather wait to pass inspection.
well i guess that one of the perks of being me i have a friend who is a certified state inspector so i wont have any problems, and if he isnt working there then i can just go to Juans or pedros and get it done there

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far Im leaning toward option #2. I think I should complete all bolt on's and then strengthen the bottom end.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Black95GT said:
So far Im leaning toward option #2. I think I should complete all bolt on's and then strengthen the bottom end.
thats what i said to do then get blown after you already have a ton of N/A power then think of the increases with a blower.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
well, if you sell your paintball gun and have $1800 i say H/C/I and gears if you can get everything cheap enough. you could build your H/C/I combo so it would be decent N/A and badass with boost and then start saving up for a s/c or turbo. why are you so anti-turbo though? it seems like all the 'stang racers are finding the limits with their s/c's and swapping over to turbos now.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the heads I want are 1000-1300 depending. either Performer RPM's, or AFR 165's. so I need a lot. My friends at work want me to do the saleen kit first. and then work on the motor.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Go before show!!!

j/k its your car so no matter what we say the decision is still yours to make

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Black95GT said:
Well the heads I want are 1000-1300 depending. either Performer RPM's, or AFR 165's. so I need a lot. My friends at work want me to do the saleen kit first. and then work on the motor.
those arent real friends go>show

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
232stang said:
those arent real friends go>show
they ere rhe one not into cars that much :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts