Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am gonna try to get 400 hp was wondering what ideals people have to get there want it n/a

its a 1999 4.6 5spd vert with 56k (its a dog lol)
things i have done so far magnalow c/b,bbk cold air kit,b&m ripper shifter

·
Registered
31 Posts
400hp n/a is near impossible without getting a built short blockfrom DSS or VT, port and polished heads, race cams with new valves&springs, aftermarket intake like reinhard, long tubes. Doing some port work on the intake and throttle body, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump and probably still fall short of 400. 300-325 is a more obtainable goal unless you have bookoo money and then why would you have a gt and not an 03 cobra?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Actually 300 is very easy with 4.6. 350 is a little tougher and 400 you will need major engine work or a nitrous system to get there like ScottEvil said

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
And just so you know, you're connecting rods are pretty weak. They're formed from powderize metal, so it doesn't take much more horsepower to cause them to fall apart. I don't mean to scare ya, but I would take care of the internals before you go buck wild crazy.

·
Registered
521 Posts
yeah, you can probably take the 4.6 up to around 375/400 rwhp pretty safely (on stock internals). You just have to know what your doing and do it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts