Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so Christmas is coming up and my woman keeps bugging about what mustang parts do I want ? Maybe some 4:10 gears or cams, longtube headers ? Something that would give me some more HP or noticeable gains . Really am wanting a Lopey sound to the car lol so let me know what y'all think would be best !

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Alright so Christmas is coming up and my woman keeps bugging about what mustang parts do I want ? Maybe some 4:10 gears or cams, longtube headers ? Something that would give me some more HP or noticeable gains . Really am wanting a Lopey sound to the car lol so let me know what y'all think would be best !

What's the reason/purpose to your build?.. What are your goals?.. And what's your Budget?.. Also what mods do you already have?..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the reason/purpose to your build?.. What are your goals?.. And what's your Budget?.. Also what mods do you already have?..

The car just sits in my shop and will be driven most weekends if weather is nice . So basically just to keep adding on goodies to make it nice but also quicker . Not really any mods other than Cai and suspension .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just gonna keep adding on to it every chance I get

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
First thing I would do is get a Tuner for it!.. If you don't already have one!.. Also plan out what you want out of it!.. Such as, if it's going to be just a weekend Cruiser, and not a track toy, then I wouldn't do 4:10s!.. I would go more for 3:73!.. Also if you just want a little more umph, consider getting a TB with Upper Plenum!.. And maybe a set of UD Pulleys!.. LTs are nice to, but keep in mind what kind of mods you may want to do in the future!.. For example, I have a set of Tuned Length Headers on my '04 GT, only because I plan on doing a Turbo setup some day!..

·
Registered
255 Posts
The car just sits in my shop and will be driven most weekends if weather is nice . So basically just to keep adding on goodies to make it nice but also quicker . Not really any mods other than Cai and suspension .

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust
? If not that will really improve your sound haha.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First thing I would do is get a Tuner for it!.. If you don't already have one!.. Also plan out what you want out of it!.. Such as, if it's going to be just a weekend Cruiser, and not a track toy, then I wouldn't do 4:10s!.. I would go more for 3:73!.. Also if you just want a little more umph, consider getting a TB with Upper Plenum!.. And maybe a set of UD Pulleys!.. LTs are nice to, but keep in mind what kind of mods you may want to do in the future!.. For example, I have a set of Tuned Length Headers on my '04 GT, only because I plan on doing a Turbo setup some day!..

I have a tuner for it already and it's gonna be a street/ street car . The plan is just keep adding stuff to it to make it faster with out upgrading the internals just because it will get a coyote swap in future lol .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For exhaust I have flow master and the that's it .

·
Registered
255 Posts
It all depends on the budget, as those parts get expensive fast. Also you said you're going to eventually do a yote swap? Cams are going to cost 1k+ installed and you'll only see a yield of 20-40hp. Long tubes will also be motor specific and only see 20-30 hp gain. A know we beat it to death on this forum, but a supercharger is really the best way to go power wise. If you're looking for sound tho, you will find everything you ever wanted with those two mods.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If your going to do a Coyote swap then just save your money!.. You can do Heads, Cams, Headers, and Tune, yet still fall short of a Stock Coyote!..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your going to do a Coyote swap then just save your money!.. You can do Heads, Cams, Headers, and Tune, yet still fall short of a Stock Coyote!..

I'm wanting the cams just for the sound lol but also I was looking at nitrous. But I will probly tell my woman to just get the gears

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you want the sound and a bit of a power gain ask for an h-pipe. Bolts on and great sound change. X-pipe would work as well but the sound is more raspy than some like. Gears are good too!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Take it from someone that did cams, and did it right. There is a lot more than just buying the cams. I spent 1500 on cams and supporting components. Spent another 700 or so on Nickel and dime stuff to install them. Tune will cost you 90 if you're tuned from MPT 400+ to put it on the rollers. Cams aren't a cheap upgrade. But if you have it go for it. Superchargers aren't much more in the end.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Take it from someone that did cams, and did it right. There is a lot more than just buying the cams. I spent 1500 on cams and supporting components. Spent another 700 or so on Nickel and dime stuff to install them. Tune will cost you 90 if you're tuned from MPT 400+ to put it on the rollers. Cams aren't a cheap upgrade. But if you have it go for it. Superchargers aren't much more in the end.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

What cams did you end up doing I was thinking of doing like a basic cushman cam where it's basically a drop in with a mechanic doing it ? But yeah I see what your saying on the price conpared to supercharging it

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

If you want the sound and a bit of a power gain ask for an h-pipe. Bolts on and great sound change. X-pipe would work as well but the sound is more raspy than some like. Gears are good too!

What exhaust package do you prefer

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

Depends on Muffler type!.. If your doing a H pipe then go with a Chamber style muffler!.. If your doing an X pipe then go with a Flow Through style muffler!.. I've got BBk Tuned Headers, Pypes O/R X-pipe, and CherryBomb Vortex Cat Back!.. Zero Rasp!..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Depends on Muffler type!.. If your doing a H pipe then go with a Chamber style muffler!.. If your doing an X pipe then go with a Flow Through style muffler!.. I've got BBk Tuned Headers, Pypes O/R X-pipe, and CherryBomb Vortex Cat Back!.. Zero Rasp!..

Do they have an aftermarket mid pipe that will fit to the stock ? Cause the only thing I'm seeing is if there for when you have longtube or shorty

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Do they have an aftermarket mid pipe that will fit to the stock ? Cause the only thing I'm seeing is if there for when you have longtube or shorty

Yes they do!.. Anything that fits Shorty/Tuned Length will fit your Stock exhaust manifold!..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts