Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I use to remove my rocker panel stripe without using a heater and without messing up the paint. Is there anything I can spray on leave there then peel off like magic haha

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
uh...well, you could soak with goof off...then just start at an edge and peel slowly. Just a thought....

·
Registered
558 Posts
What should I use to remove my rocker panel stripe without using a heater and without messing up the paint. Is there anything I can spray on leave there then peel off like magic haha
I put stickers and stuff on cars all the time, which includes taking them off sometimes and i will say the only thing i have found that works good is a heat gun or a torch. I know you dont want to use those but those stickers are made to go threw rain and all that and never come off so im not sure you could just soak it off. And using a heat gun should not mess up your paint at all. Just dont keep the heat in one spot for a long time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only thing I have read is to use a hair drier to heat and soften the vinyl.Gently pull
it off as you do this.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
use a air tool with a rubber wheel i remove that stuff all the time
Usually called pinstripe erasers... they work just as well on large rocker stripes?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I've had very good results using a heat gun, time, and lots of patience.

·
Registered
809 Posts
you can get auto safe goo gone at an auto shop. Even with the heat your probably going to want to use some of that after you get it off just to get any leftover sticky crud off. And make sure to keep that hair dryer moving and dont get too close. If you heat the vinyl up too much it is just going to stretch instead of pull off and you will damage your paint if you stay in the same spot for too long.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am VERY anxious to remove the black rocker stripe from my '12 V6. I HATE it! I'm so glad the subject came up here. I wanna give it a try myself but I am also considering taking it to my local Ford dealership's body shop and paying them to do it right. That's probably overkill and money needlessly spent since it seems pretty easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I am VERY anxious to remove the black rocker stripe from my '12 V6. I HATE it! I'm so glad the subject came up here. I wanna give it a try myself but I am also considering taking it to my local Ford dealership's body shop and paying them to do it right. That's probably overkill and money needlessly spent since it seems pretty easy to do yourself.
If I were you I would try it myself worst-case if you can't do it then take it o ford save, you some money man

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use a hair dryer to remove the stripe material and goo gone to remove the glue. works great and doesn't harm the paint or clear coat

·
Registered
38 Posts
My car was home from the dealer for 5 minutes and I made my first MOD, used a hair dryer to remove rocker stripe, just heat up and peel off !

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
im with the hair dryer and goo gone...but wd-40...forgot that, is a decent back up...casue who the heck DOESNT have a can of that at their house....LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts