Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What transmission and gear ratio should I go with to replace a 65 ford mustand 289 standard?

I have been working on my 65 ford mustang for wuite some time and have put on numerous aftermarket performance parts. I have a 289 that i bored out a 4 brrl holley carb, headers, flows...ect. I have come to the realization though that i have got to replecae my over 40 yr old transmission and i was wondering if any one had insite on what type of trani i should get 3 speed 4 speed 5 speed, and the gear ratios with it, as well as the brand and name of the transmission that i should use, and if possible a internet website to contact the company. Also if any one can give me a good recomendation on a high performance cam that would work well with that set up tan please let me know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What transmission and gear ratio should I go with to replace a 65 ford mustand 289 standard?

a bored out 289, 4 "brrl" holley carb, headers, flows, probably Alderbrock valve covers with a low rise intake... pretty sweet...

this baby's gotta go here... http://www.aamco.com/

·
Registered
45 Posts

you dont say if you are auto or manual, auto the c-4 is a good choice manual 4-speed is a good choice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts