Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's 100,000 threads on fluids to use in the mt-82's but I'm a little lost. I'm on my second one that was covered under warranty in late 2013 at around 30,000 miles. It's a 2014 trans and had no issues until now. From second to third it clunks and goes into third rough. Also under hard acceleration in 3rd the shift knob vibrates a little and you can hear the gears meshing. What fluid should I use? I don't want to make more problems, I had a bad experience with with my tremec t5 I my 94 with synchro not playing nice with new tranny fluid.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way it gets up to 100 in the summer here and 0 in the winter so I'm going to need something with a funky weight

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
in CT I run RedLine MTL...it's not a DD but I found improvement over what came in my early build 2012 V6

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm I want to try rp or penzoil syncromesh but I'm scared

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Go with amsoil MTF synchromesh fluid, easily the best out there! Its really thin, and will help you with notchiness Recommend by mt-82 wizard Ben Calimer. If you're concerned about summer heat, you can switch to MTG and keep MTF for winters

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
39 Posts
I run Amsoil MTF Synchromesh as well and it's fine for all climates. . . . I think you'll be happy with it. MTG is a bit too thick.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm using MTG and it's great. It doesn't get too cold here though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
BG syncro shift II

·
Registered
197 Posts
Motorcraft DCT with motorcraft XL-18 additive... Fine when it's warm out, not perfect 1-2 change when cold, or even cool out until gearbox is warmed. I may try AMsoil for my next change. I have tried BG and Redline so. The Ford stuff is the best in my '11, so far.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Ford tech that did my tranny knows alot about the newer coyotes and I'm pretty sure he filled it with that revised dsg fluid with the additive. But oncr the car gets hot its almost like it thins out to nothing. And in the winter this fluid is great. It can be 0 outside and she slips in to second like it's 100 out

·
Registered
36 Posts
2.75 quarts

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
For 2014 correct? Just making sure I didn't miss anything. I have that chunky crunchy 1st to 2nd shift sometimes so I've been researching this today. Sifting through all sorts of info on what type of fluid to use, what's better etc....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Again amsoil 75-90 manual and transaxle fluid,that is what Ben Calimer told me to use

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
36 Posts
My question was whether or not your measurement in quarts pertained to a 2014 or not. I don't have my manual available to look at currently.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts