Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qué pasa fellow forumers. So as title states I would like to know your favorite mod, pictures are welcome, and why?

My favorite mod by far is my shocks and struts. Ever since install I feel much more planted and am able to corner at higher speeds and comfortably. This has helped a lot with AutoX and can't wait to road course in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
562 Posts
It's a toss up between these two.

1. Air Lift - completely changed the handling and stance. Corners great now and is definitely a head turner at car shows.

2. EasyGo Smart Keyless Start - no more pulling a key out to start the car and added security and remote start (which I need to enable since it's freezing now lol)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Qué pasa fellow forumers. So as title states I would like to know your favorite mod, pictures are welcome, and why?

My favorite mod by far is my shocks and struts. Ever since install I feel much more planted and am able to corner at higher speeds and comfortably. This has helped a lot with AutoX and can't wait to road course in the summer.

This, grip. Grip was my favorite mod haha. Try to get you some G-loc R10 brake pads ( (formerly carbotech xp10, they are a track pad only) when you do your road course. Even on the standard GT brakes they'll suck your face off.
Me and some friends were actually out your way back in October doing some runs through the 3 sisters.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Seat covers. Definitely seat covers. These black leather seats get hella hot in the summer when the top is down.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Probably my MGW shifter so far, but I haven't done too much to my car yet. I can't wait for suspension mods.

Me and some friends were actually out your way back in October doing some runs through the 3 sisters.
Man I've been wanting to go drive those roads for a while. One of the few good twisty roads I've heard about here in Texas.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This, grip. Grip was my favorite mod haha. Try to get you some G-loc R10 brake pads ( (formerly carbotech xp10, they are a track pad only) when you do your road course. Even on the standard GT brakes they'll suck your face off.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing is more fun then actually staying on the road and not on a crowd (bang bang) or going sideways! I havent headed up there but I think me and my friend are going to head up there some time soon!

Did you record anything?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Man I've been wanting to go drive those roads for a while. One of the few good twisty roads I've heard about here in Texas.
It was not as good as i was expecting, but it was good. My friend's brother lives out there, and apparently they were doing construction on the "really good stuff."

Couldn't agree more. Nothing is more fun then actually staying on the road and not on a crowd (bang bang) or going sideways! I havent headed up there but I think me and my friend are going to head up there some time soon!

Did you record anything?

A ton, but the only thing i've bothered to put together was this little video. I downloaded this free software to do video in video because i nailed this awesome 3-2 heel toe downshift @ 2:30, but i realized the interior camera is too high to see it :doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX07JAR7jdg

That's my friends brother on the bike, and i had to give him a LOT of room, i was trying to give him 50-100 yards at all times because i would run up on him FAST in a good series of corners. I had 3 cameras on the car all day though, front, inside, and behind. I probably need to quit being lazy and actually go through all the video.
So obviously i dont have my mustang any more, this is my '12 mazdaspeed3 with 255s on 17 x 9 at all 4 corners and a rear sway bar, and that's pretty much it for handling.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That looks like a good time! We have this place in California called rocky hill and I'm going to get a go pro so I can record it. It's much tighter turns than this and it's one hell of a time! Thanks for the video

·
Registered
187 Posts
3:55 gears! So much more fun than 2:73's. shorty headers after that

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
For me it was the Gear change. 3.31 to 4.10, Excellent Mod, Blows the mind away.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im not planning on doing gears but my friend did his and he won't stop talking about it lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MGW Shifter is BY FAR the best for me!!:thumb::bow:

It's up there for me but I love to take corners more than anything and even tho its a 100% better than stock it's nothing compared to the increase in performance suspension has done for me

·
Registered
582 Posts
So far it's my square setup 285/35/19 RE11 tires on 19x10 forgestars. The grip is incredible, both turning and acceleration. These tires are so much better that I now find my suspension isn't keeping up with them on turn-in.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
suspension......although if my V6 MT had come with 2.73's doing gears would be a toss-up. I've driven 2.73, 3.31 (what I have) and Tom's car with his 3.55 and the 2.73's are an abomination. My only dislike about the suspension while it greatly improves the fun you can have with it on two lane blacktop it still does not have the great feel a true drivers car does.

honorable mention goes to swapping out my 4 base model speakers with some decent ones. I have not heard speakers that bad in a car since the early 80's.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I swapped out the factory speakers for some Rockford fosgates with little improvement if any. The real problem was the head.
Maybe the shaker is a better head, but the base was the problem in mine.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 20 of 22 Posts