Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes duh the manual transmission but what else?? i need a parts list so i can then start to look around the junk yard to finish my project

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another basic is your clutch assembly. Don't take this project lightly. It will be very difficult. You're going against this cars design. Make sure you get a transmission that will line up with the 302. You'll have to change your brake pedal design as well. Automatics have a very wide brake pedal compared to manuals. If you don't make it smaller, you will have problems with foot room while pressing the clutch. I'd like to see how easy it is, so maybe update us.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You will need
a manual transmission
Bell housing
Flywheel
pilot bearing this a brass bushing that goes in the end of you crank shaft it is very important it keeps your in put shaft in line
with the motor You can by a new one of them if need be
clutch
pressure plate
through out bearing and the arm The Bell housing may have the arm in it
shifter with all the linkage
clutch & brake pedal
rod that goes through the firewall
the part that bolts to the body it has a nylon ball on it and there is
one that bolts to the bell housing with the same type of ball on it
there is a pipe that slips over them and the rod that comes from
the clutch pedal connects to the top and then you have the rod that goes to your through out bearing arm it will have adjustment to it by
screwing it in or out that is how you set the clutch pickup 1 1/2'' off
the floor.
If you don't have a repair manual for you car i would pick one up for about $10 at advance or auto zone it shows you all of the parts how to
adjust most every thing.and you will know what your looking at if you find the parts you want. You may need the center consule

1 - 3 of 3 Posts