Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a single turbo and i just want the bare essentials to keep the turbo and my car running, i can't afford the whole kit right now. Just what all do i need to get the turbo in and get it running correctly. Its in a 2005 Mustang Gt that's all stock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd save your money for a while, and build a bottom end that can handle a turbo. It would be terrible to spend a couple thousand dollars for a turbo set up just to throw a rod because the motor couldn't handle it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is a good deal of fabrication work necessary for the exhaust and air inlet, but it can be done if you have access to tubing bends (search for burns stainless) and silicon hose. Then you will have to tune it. www.hptuners.com has you covered there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It would take about 6 grand to do it right, with a kit from hp or hellion. there aren't any bare essentials to a turbo kit, you need a turbo kit plus more stuff, like a wideband, bigger fuel pump, and more. It takes alot of knowledge to install and tune a turbo car. if you want a turbo bad enough, save money and pay hellion turbo, or hp performance to put one on for you, this way you won't destroy your engine. Check out this site and start reading. Good Luck

www.theturboforums.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts