Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 v6 with a bbk cai, Bama 93 hybrid tune, and a dual exhaust. Best run so far was a 15.115 at 94.8 with a 2.3 60'

Any help/input would be much appreciated...sorry if I posted in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where was best for this.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have an 05 v6 with a bbk cai, Bama 93 hybrid tune, and a dual exhaust. Best run so far was a 15.115 at 94.8 with a 2.3 60'

Any help/input would be much appreciated...sorry if I posted in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where was best for this.
Do you have an auto or stick?... Gears, UD Pullies, and full exhaust will get you down to!..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have an auto or stick?... Gears, UD Pullies, and full exhaust will get you down to!..
It's a stick, I knew I forgot to mention something! I was hoping to have 3.73's by spring time but I'd also need a t-lo or new rear...stupid one wheel peel. Would long tubes be the way to go even though I have to keep my cats?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

From what I've done and tested on my car:
Headers -.4
X pipe o/r -.2
Tb/p -.2
Under drive pulley's -.1
Every 100 pound = .1
Torque converter = .7
Remove front sway bar, a/c, relocate battery to back trunk, remove front and rear bumper supports they don't do anything but support up to 25 mph so they font do crap anyways plus no body can tell, if you don't know how to power shift it helps alot don't let go of the gas and as you pull out of gear to the next quickly, you very quickly stomp on the clutch you need to be very fast at it to so you don't grind synchro's like I did learning how to or you get to learn to rebuild a transmission learning how to get it down perfect. What size tires you have? And do you spin any at the front line?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a set of bald 235/50/17 falkens last time I was there. Now they're 275/40/17 nitto 555s. I'm hoping to get into 14's with just the change in tires but I'm rather new at the track. I think I've made 12 passes.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had a set of bald 235/50/17 falkens last time I was there. Now they're 275/40/17 nitto 555s. I'm hoping to get into 14's with just the change in tires but I'm rather new at the track. I think I've made 12 passes.
EHH! That'll get you close to your goals like a 14.6 maybe a 14.5

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That'd definitely make me happy! I really just want to close up the gap between my car and my friends '13 genesis.
Hahah! And if it doesn't you could take your jack and spare out when you run that's like 30 easy pounds.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Seabiscuit said:
That'd definitely make me happy! I really just want to close up the gap between my car and my friends '13 genesis.
Nobody makes underdrive pulleys for the 4.0...but ASP makes an underdrive crank pulley/ harmonic balancer which is rated at 15HP and 10 ft/lb...they "claim"

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts

Seabiscuit,

Those times don't sound to bad, it just sounds like you need some traction! If you get that 60ft time down into the 1.'s you'll definitely break into the 14's.

I agree with a Set of Gears, Tire and maybe a few more bolt ons and you'll be in great shape for mid to low 14's!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
AMDanBailer said:
Seabiscuit,

Those times don't sound to bad, it just sounds like you need some traction! If you get that 60ft time down into the 1.'s you'll definitely break into the 14's.

I agree with a Set of Gears, Tire and maybe a few more bolt ons and you'll be in great shape for mid to low 14's!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Dan! Get AM to carry that ASP underdrive crank pulley! I'd love to see it on AM!

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Dan! Get AM to carry that ASP underdrive crank pulley! I'd love to see it on AM!
Let me see what I can do! We definitely need to get some underdrive pulleys in there for the S197 V6 guys.

I'll get this sent over to my Purchasing team and see what they think! As soon as I have more information, I'll be sure to hit you up.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance with anything.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
AMDanBailer said:
Let me see what I can do! We definitely need to get some underdrive pulleys in there for the S197 V6 guys.

I'll get this sent over to my Purchasing team and see what they think! As soon as I have more information, I'll be sure to hit you up.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance with anything.

-Dan
Thanks Dan, as always!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

You already have a mid 14 in that car. Your launch is what is holding you back. A simple 2.0 60 foot would be enough for a 14.55X or 14.6XX

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
just juice it :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts