Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a similar question like this earlier but didn't give any information about the car. I'm now rephrasing it like this:
T-Tops
44,000 original miles
5 Speed, with new clutch, brakes all around, plugs and wires, 750-4 Barrel Edelbrock Carburetor with intake, new radiator, starter, distributor cap, and 17 in. Cobra Racing Wheels. Paint is slightly rough with a few rust spots but mechanically it runs fantastic.
I got lucky and only paid $1100 for it from a guy that was apparently broke.
What would you have paid for this car ?
What should he have actually sold it for is what I'd like to know.
Serious answers from serious mustang fans only please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i just sold one and the only difference i can tell is mine was freshly painted and had 32000 miles i got 4850 for mine. i would think as is u should be able to get 2500.

·
Registered
36 Posts
depending on the real condishen of the body i would say around 7 to 9 thousand in the engine alone the t-tops help the value of the car, the mileages of the engine is the one thing that makes the price of the car. you really did get lucky on the price you payed for a great car like that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
did he have paper work backing up the 44k original miles? Clutches don't wear out in 44k miles, so I think the odometer has turned over and it really has 144,000 miles, that makes your price more realistic.. still a nice car and one of the four eyed pride, http://foureyedpride.com

I sold a 85 with 43k original miles for $7k and it still smelled like new..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts