Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
I agree, I wouldn't want to cut into my system either. Here is a link to American Muscle's x pipe selection...

American Muscle

Try doing a search for exhaust in the 2010-2014 forum. There should be tons of info on exhaust and you'll most likely find some video of x-pipe setups that could help you make your decision. :good:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard that jba had fitment problems and people had to weld. I like the magnaflow, bassani and jba. I want o/r x but I want to be able to throw my cats on when I need inspection lol

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
I heard that jba had fitment problems and people had to weld. I like the magnaflow, bassani and jba. I want o/r x but I want to be able to throw my cats on when I need inspection lol
We are fortunate in Indiana. Currently, we don't have inspections. This is what I would want to do.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
No people are crazy. Also saw people who didn't realize the resonator pipes are adjustable and can be moved and cut theirs. Mine fit perfect. What I noticed, was if you put it on upside down it fits funny, but it also sits like 7 inches off the ground if you do that.

My only install issue was getting that one bolt off the cat.

I also have no inspections so I will run mine year round :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gt is auto sadly because of the girlfriend needed to drive it sometimes... So I'm just going for loud since autos don't have the tone like manuals so x is the way togo right? Not h?

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

My*

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Napoleon85 said:
No.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I didn't know that was a requirement ...
Yeah... I need cats just for inspection

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
Yeah... I need cats just for inspection
Jba might be your next best bet in price as they are not one piece but allow you to use the cats or remove them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
nosympathy said:
Jba might be your next best bet in price as they are not one piece but allow you to use the cats or remove them.
I agree with nosympathy. The jba x is a 3 piece so that you can delete cats later on if you want. Make sure you get the 3" to 2.75" as your stock mids are 2.75. Fitment issues would be like no sympathy said about adjusting your mid pipes so you do not have to cut.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heartless said:
I agree with nosympathy. The jba x is a 3 piece so that you can delete cats later on if you want. Make sure you get the 3" to 2.75" as your stock mids are 2.75. Fitment issues would be like no sympathy said about adjusting your mid pipes so you do not have to cut.
Can I get 3in mids? Anyone sell them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pypes x Pype is amazing get the high flow cats it cuts down the raspyness and let's you pass emissions :) it's loud as a bull getting raped

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
ElDiablo said:
Pypes x Pype is amazing get the high flow cats it cuts down the raspyness and let's you pass emissions :) it's loud as a bull getting raped
You won't get the same power as going cat less tho.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Off topic sorry.. Eldiablo your lights are sick haha. Anyways, i know you dont wanna cut or weld but a muffler shop can make u the same thing for 60 bucks as any of these companies.. Theyre really making a killing off of 10 dollars in steel haha.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Edens5 said:
Off topic sorry.. Eldiablo your lights are sick haha. Anyways, i know you dont wanna cut or weld but a muffler shop can make u the same thing for 60 bucks as any of these companies.. Theyre really making a killing off of 10 dollars in steel haha.
I think he has the oracle lights which are badass. I wanna get them at some point.

·
Registered
361 Posts
nosympathy said:
I think he has the oracle lights which are badass. I wanna get them at some point.
Yea they change color too or he had 2 diff sets. They r illegal in pa otherwise id be all about them. A black loud mustang already makes a cop look so i doubt id be able to rock them haha

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
Can I get 3in mids? Anyone sell them
Heartthrob makes them but you may just want to get a good exhaust shop to make you 3" mids. If you are planning in lowering the car do the custom mids afterwards so not to have any over axle pipe knocking issues

1 - 20 of 36 Posts