Mustang Evolution Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dion11197 said:
That's awesome! Maybe it was an option, probably better he does keep it all stock. I wonder of there's anything different on his vs. the 89.
No man my is a 89 we looked up an down it's the same I could not believe it haha but that's why he's keeping it stock it's rare that's for sure he's even got the papers from when he bought it I forget how much the efi option was but I know it was like 3 times more then the carb set up an in 89 here it was all efi an most 88 were to but they still had the option for carb on the 88 but ford use to tell people to switch to efi here in 89 much easyer to work with in the winters out here haha

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
No man my is a 89 we looked up an down it's the same I could not believe it haha but that's why he's keeping it stock it's rare that's for sure he's even got the papers from when he bought it I forget how much the efi option was but I know it was like 3 times more then the carb set up an in 89 here it was all efi an most 88 were to but they still had the option for carb on the 88 but ford use to tell people to switch to efi here in 89 much easyer to work with in the winters out here haha
85 was the last year for a carbed mustang, after that it was standard equipment.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Usually speaking yes. In the states typically 85 was the last year for carburated cars and 86 was the first year for EFI. 87-88 were speed density and 89-93 was all mass air cars, typically. Most guys will do a carb swap because they are more comfortable with the tuning and you don't have to worry about the computer and harness as much.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

And they're usually cheaper to re jet of you need more or less fuel.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Usually speaking yes. In the states typically 85 was the last year for carburated cars and 86 was the first year for EFI. 87-88 were speed density and 89-93 was all mass air cars, typically. Most guys will do a carb swap because they are more comfortable with the tuning and you don't have to worry about the computer and harness as much.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

And they're usually cheaper to re jet of you need more or less fuel.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts