Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I'm 17, and i'm looking at getting a car. I can spend up to about $12000, i'm looking for a sports coupe or possibly 4 door (if it's fast). I want it to be fast, but it can't have a V8 or a turbo (parents). I can get some basic performance parts i/h/e, but i was wondering what kind of car i should get. i was thinking RSX-S, Mustang V6, or some other car. Please help me choose one that is fast and reliable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It should be 4-door, 4-cyls, not sporty. I would prefer Honda or Toyota... First time drivers usually have much more expensive car insurance, and it depends from car. You should compare insurance rates while choosing the car - for example here - carinsurance.yoll.net

·
Registered
35 Posts
got to be fast to be cool?
well, i saw a mitsu eclipse totally waste a friend's turbo supra. it had some (not nitro) modifications of course. seems like h k and s were part of the name, but hks is a gun maker, too...
running hard will kill your car. even mustangs flew to pieces with my friends. (i never got into the expense of hard driving). the 5-oh dude busted his shifting fork trying to beat the supra.
not to mention fines for being fast... all in all, i'd try to get a cool car, dependable, and make it last. of course your parents may laugh it off as adolescent expenses when the engine blows and buy you a new one... or you may get a job and work to keep autozone in business with your paycheck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
A Mustang V6 is many things. Fast isn't one of them.

Why the obsession with speed? What's wrong with just looking good, driving good and being reliable.

I'd look at a VW GTI. One of the best sport hatchbacks on the road.

The RSX is a good car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts