Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting exhaust soon was wondering if you guys knew of any good ones. i was supposedly supposed to get one of the best buuuut it didnt work out to good. :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I would get some long tube headers, with a O/R h-pipe and then get some GT-take offs with some Flowmasters. That's what I think. At first it won't sound that great because your car is mainly stock, or i'm assuming it is. But once you add a cam, you'll get an awesome grumble at idle. I have a movie of my car here some where.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
I just have straight up Mach 1 takeoff's...may be switching to Flowpath Afterburners here soon...rode with a friend who has them on his car. My takeoff's seem to die around 3000 and up lol

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
V6Stang33 said:
thats the problem with the world today......theres to many d*** exhausts to choose from. :p:
It all comes down to personal preference...you could just wait for the next SE meet and listen to all of our cars and see what you think about each one and make up your mind from there. :D

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my car is stock. its 04 3.9 liter, black, 5 speed transmission. Getting exhausts first then i guess intake then underdrive pulley's. About the pics i dont atm but i will take some and then ask you guys how to post em on here.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
mine will have gt takeoffs, w/ stock mufflers.
For now..... :D

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Brent said:
Mine has o/r h pipe with stock gt mufflers and a hint of a knock
Hahaha

·
Registered
258 Posts
V6Stang33 said:
my car is stock. its 04 3.9 liter, black, 5 speed transmission. Getting exhausts first then i guess intake then underdrive pulley's. About the pics i dont atm but i will take some and then ask you guys how to post em on here.
I would go with takeoffs personally...Unless you plan on going nuts with the car, 2.25" pipes will be just fine. I've seen a few good deals out there ranging from $60 to $140 shipped for takeoffs. All you gotta do is look

All you would want to do is change the mufflers and either get a custom h or get one of the bolt-on catted or offroad h-pipes from mac or any of the other manufacturers. It all depends on how strict your emissions are. Up here in NJ, I had to leave the cats on.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
I don't think I'm going to get into performance on this engine. so maybe later. :)
That's the way I am with mine...most performance I'm doing is what I've done so far, K&N filter and exhaust, that it lol. I still think I may switch over to these other mufflers...give a little more sound inside, and still not real ricey up high, and only like 40 bucks for 2 of them.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
And sometimes it's just as cheap to get all new pipes run...if you know someone in the business. I probably could have gotten all new pipes for a better price if I really wanted...

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
V6Stang33 said:
im not that great at mods or anything so if i may ask....what are takeoffs? LoL
A GT takeoff exhaust is the tailpipes and mufflers off a GT Mustang.

Old Hickory = Huntsville, Al?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts