Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed today that the paint by my passenger side side scoop was chipping and bubbling I guess you could say. Why's this happening? Is it from a poor paint job from the previous owner? I will attach pictures

image-3687158763.jpg

image-3398929034.jpg

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
was it repainted be PO? if not could just finally be the paint is worn...some goes faster then others

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was it repainted be PO? if not could just finally be the paint is worn...some goes faster then others
What do you mean by PO? And it might be.. The paints 14 years old. What would a really good paint job run me? 3-6k?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Po previous owner. A good job would be 3-6k. But it would be much more for a show quality finish, depends on how nice you want, and what you can afford.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Po previous owner. A good job would be 3-6k. But it would be much more for a show quality finish, depends on how nice you want, and what you can afford.
Ohh. Thanks. But no, it wasn't. For that price I'm going to have to save for a year or two. Might as well spend about 4-5k so it doesn't look like crap lol. Also, around my spoilers corners, it seems to be really faded or almost like the paint is gone. Is this normal? I'll post a picture later if you'd like

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Ohh. Thanks. But no, it wasn't. For that price I'm going to have to save for a year or two. Might as well spend about 4-5k so it doesn't look like crap lol. Also, around my spoilers corners, it seems to be really faded or almost like the paint is gone. Is this normal? I'll post a picture later if you'd like
That can happen with a neglected paint job. The finish needs some sort of upkeep to last. Just look at all the cars you see on the road with peeling clearcoats in their roofs and hoods.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had the car for about 4 months and put about 3 coats of wax on. It take it that the previous owner didnt do anything like that. He seems really... Not car smart. But I couldn't help buying it. Love at first sight lol

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
With a quality wax you shouldnt need to wax almost once a month. But it does sound like the previous owner didnt take the best care of the finish. Also something to note, cars that have been up north generally have to deal with the nasty salt amd chemicals that are put on the roads in the winter. That stuff wreaks havoc on a car, and its paint. So if you live up north, or its been up there it may not help.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With a quality wax you shouldnt need to wax almost once a month. But it does sound like the previous owner didnt take the best care of the finish. Also something to note, cars that have been up north generally have to deal with the nasty salt amd chemicals that are put on the roads in the winter. That stuff wreaks havoc on a car, and its paint. So if you live up north, or its been up there it may not help.
When i wax i use "turtle wax" The car was located in south jersey. We get salted pretty often even if its just flurries. I don't know if its the same for every other state. I suppose the best thing I can do for my car is save up for a new paint job?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
buy a meguiars paint restoration kit....includes all you'll need to get your paint back into decent shape except of course for the bubbled areas...that you'll have to sand down and respray (you can do that yourself with some colormatch and some sand paper....for that small of a spot)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
buy a meguiars paint restoration kit....includes all you'll need to get your paint back into decent shape except of course for the bubbled areas...that you'll have to sand down and respray (you can do that yourself with some colormatch and some sand paper....for that small of a spot)
Wow, thanks! I just got done reading reviews of the product and everyone was extremely satisfied. I'm going to order it probably within the next week or two. I have several spots with scratches that are very shallow and with this they should take out the scratches

1 - 11 of 11 Posts