Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering, I have the original 289
And c4 transmission from my 68 coupe I don't need anymore and wanted to ask about how much they are worth? I looked on eBay to get an idea but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering, I have the original 289
And c4 transmission from my 68 coupe I don't need anymore and wanted to ask about how much they are worth? I looked on eBay to get an idea but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks.
Well a lot depends on where you live and what shape they are in how many mile etc etc. I would not pay over 600 for the both of them depending on what is stated above. If I could them run then I might pay more for the but again not over 800 there are a lot of them around.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dang, I sold mine too cheap then. 300 for both a running 289 with only 110 miles driven back to my garage with the AOD tranny. Weakish compared to my 07 but went 80 according to my brother in law following me the whole way.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Dang, I sold mine too cheap then. 300 for both a running 289 with only 110 miles driven back to my garage with the AOD tranny. Weakish compared to my 07 but went 80 according to my brother in law following me the whole way.
Personally driven, not previous owner.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine and tranny are both in good shape. Run just fine after it warmed up. Miles is unknown, my odometer has been broken since I bought the car. 600-800 sound good. I want to be realistic and not get my hopes up to high though.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The engine and tranny are both in good shape. Run just fine after it warmed up. Miles is unknown, my odometer has been broken since I bought the car. 600-800 sound good. I want to be realistic and not get my hopes up to high though.
Again all this depends on where you live and can we hear it run. Good luck

·
Registered
884 Posts
Well I'm from Yuma Arizona hope that helps! Thanks!
Sorry I am in Ohio and have not followed engine pricing in a long time. I would suggest call a few scrap yards and see what they sell them for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts