Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered new black 302 emblems which will be alot bigger . I plan on a cowl hood and cervini bumper and new black rims . What else can I do appearance wise ? Was thinking caliper covors cuz I don't want to use the ford blue and it not match the stripes would look dumb wouldn't it? Thanks all and I've got alot of help from this forum !

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
So I ordered new black 302 emblems which will be alot bigger . I plan on a cowl hood and cervini bumper and new black rims . What else can I do appearance wise ? Was thinking caliper covors cuz I don't want to use the ford blue and it not match the stripes would look dumb wouldn't it? Thanks all and I've got alot of help from this forum !
I would tint the windows, and maybe change the gas lid to a matching blue. I'm not sure how that would look, though.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was thinking of Doing mirror covers blue but I don't wana over due it and the rear window is limo tint so I can't do side ones unless I remove it

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the front bumper is already going to change the look drastically. Personally, I'd call it good unless you really see something that you can't live without. Wheels with a shinier black finish would also look good.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I don't think you should do anything else. Already a lot going on and anything else will be overkill.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to paint them with ford blue but worried the shade wouldn't match . That's why I might buy caliber covers in grabber blue when I get new wheels. And ok just my over all goal is to put it in shows I don't care if I win just want to have it looking as if she belongs lol. My future list is cowl hood , stalker bumper and side skirts , wheels and then all performance just slowly doing what I can . At this point car is plenty fast with my tune lol

·
Banned
224 Posts
Dude you got ALOT GOING ON THERE,. Less is always better man.

I would start taking some blue off that car.

Seriously you can get alot of bad advice on forums.

My car came with side scoop and stripes. I TOOK THEM OFF and the car looked so much better with out Them,
Before

After

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

My car came with side scoop and stripes. I TOOK THEM OFF and the car looked so much better with out Them,
Before

After
Are those hood pins functional? If so where did you get them?

Also I agree. Look at mustangs that win car shows. They are never overdone at all.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Are those hood pins functional? If so where did you get them?

Also I agree. Look at mustangs that win car shows. They are never overdone at all.
Yes there UPR, About $150. There at UPR website or ebay

There well built, billet Aluminum.

IF IT's NOT FUNCTIONAL I DON'T WANT IT ON MY CAR,,, LOL one reason I took of the side scope. What a joke for such a powerful car.

My gas cap on the back is next LOL

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Yes there UPR, About $150. There at UPR website or ebay

There well built, billet Aluminum.

IF IT's NOT FUNCTIONAL I DON'T WANT IT ON MY CAR,,, LOL one reason I took of the side scope. What a joke for such a powerful car.

My gas cap on the back is next LOL
well, I just looked at it as, why put something on that is fake when it has a fully working counterpart. So since I can get fully working hood pins, why get fake ones.

They claim a 30 min install, true?

·
Banned
224 Posts
well, I just looked at it as, why put something on that is fake when it has a fully working counterpart. So since I can get fully working hood pins, why get fake ones.

They claim a 30 min install, true?
Do you have a 13 hood? I think you have an 11 right. The 13 hood is more difficult than the 11,12 hoods, About an hour. It was hard for me to pull holes in my hood and I have instal hood pins before on carbon fiber hood.

I posted it already but I only installed them because my hood open on the highway the second latch was holding it place, That was scary when I came out of my car and seen my hood was open.
http://www.mustangmafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21724

My hood is diffent from that link I posted, There is 3 layer and one layer is about 3'' apart,

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I certainly understand why some people feel that way. But you'd be surprised on how many thumbs up I get or how many people are drooling over it as gas station . Lol I get less is more and perhaps when I put my cowl hood on il leave it stripeless on hood . I think the hood may be to much. But at end of the day my car is one of a kind . But I do appreciate your input :) and I love my scoops lol

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Why do you have that decal? Do you live in FL?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Before

After
Why did you do the pins in the middle of ur hood? Arent they suppose to go above the head lughts?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Asking alot of why qustions lol 1 I buy alot of my stuff from them and they are a great company . 2 it's grabber blue and blends with my car perfectly if I can find a custom one in grabber blue I may go that route with her name . My car is named midnight ( black and blue) would that be better ?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Asking alot of why qustions lol 1 I buy alot of my stuff from them and they are a great company . 2 it's grabber blue and blends with my car perfectly if I can find a custom one in grabber blue I may go that route with her name . My car is named midnight ( black and blue) would that be better ?
Hmmmm idk, id say nothing, im taking mine off soon, but the only reason i had it was because of the sponsorship

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just think it fits with me color scheme that's all and I do have most of my performance stuff from them . No biggey to me it comes right off but also gets car noticed alot in people's rear view mirrors lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just think it fits with me color scheme that's all and I do have most of my performance stuff from them . No biggey to me it comes right off but also gets car noticed alot in people's rear view mirrors lol
I think there's already enough to "grab" someone's attention in the rear view mirror between the GB grill surround and hood scoop. I do agree with some of the others, I think it would be largely improved without the roof, banner, and spoiler vinyl. Get rid of those and then the caliper covers might be ok, but otherwise it'd be too much, especially if you are considering those mirror covers, would be too "boy racer" IMO.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
See I get why some think its to much but in person it all flows maybe mirrors would be to much and maybe il just do black calibers . But I'm going to remove 400 dollars of work lol I love the roof done only thing I may take off is hood vinyl and windshield . But then again over summer il be getting cowl hood. Every time I drive the car I get compliments so I have to be doing something right lol .

1 - 20 of 46 Posts