Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know it's early but I'm looking at ideas for a second car. obviously a mustang, I'm thinking 05-09 model gt. But I'm worried about gas, how do you gts do on gas? Would i be better off to get a v6 and turbo it and what not? And do you guys wrap up the stang for the winter and bring out the 4WD.

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
just got my gt gettin 19.5 mpg had a v6 three weeks ago and got 15-16 mpg ..... I'm serious it's weird the v6 was an automatic though

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 06 gt as a daily driver. I am getting about 18-19 city driving and 21-23 highway. As long as you keep your foot out of it the milage isnt too bad!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hey guys, I know it's early but I'm looking at ideas for a second car. obviously a mustang, I'm thinking 05-09 model gt. But I'm worried about gas, how do you gts do on gas? Would i be better off to get a v6 and turbo it and what not? And do you guys wrap up the stang for the winter and bring out the 4WD.

Thanks!
Hybrid. You'll be happy with the gas MPG.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I would be better off to get a gt then get a v6 and turbo it? I like the quick goes of the line, so gas would be a problem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have an 05 gt premium and its really on how heavy your foot is, the 05 gt has a fuel usage display in the message center that REALLY does help you learn how to have a lighter foot and get max milage. keep the revs up and the peddle pushed threw the floor and you will go threw a tank of gas like its going out of style lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
JetWolf said:
yeah it seriously confused me too, oh well. i do have to fill up every week though, which sucks because i don't even have the extra horsies to pound out haha!
o well dont feel bad you have a really
nice one

1 - 20 of 32 Posts