Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 GT. the car has the following mods. What would be your suggestion to do next to get some more horsepower?

Vortec v-2 supercharger
Cold air intake
Pro chamber h pipe and mufflers
Kenne bell boost a pump

Other than the above, the car is completely stock. What hp do you believe it's putting out now?

On another note, the car sounds like it has an exhaust leak. Is there a way to nail down where the leak may be coming from exactly or is that work for an exhaust shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It all depends on how much boost and tune. I would assume somewhere in the neighborhood of 370-400 or so? I would get it professionaly tuned if it was me so i know where i stood as far as power and also for piece of mind that its not pushing the limits of the stock internals

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The previous owner said the car was tuned by a local shop. I'm not sure how well they did. The car also came with a tuner. What's the purpose of that if a shop should tune the car. Is the tuner supposed to be plugged in all the time?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
The tuner is only plugged in when uploading the tune to the car. They may have made a more aggressive tune and a more conservative tune. Only way to find out is plug it in and see what options it gives you.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so when a shop tunes the car, they physically need a tuner to "save" the info and put it on the car? I'll have to plug it in and see if there's options...

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Generally a shop doesn't need a tuner to save them on. They can upload it straight to the car if they are able to. But a lot of people choose to also save it on a device for themselves.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info! There's no damage I could cause by plugging the tuner in a looking around, correct?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yup priority number one is get it to a shop and have them tune it. They dont charge as much if u bring your own tuner usually just a couple of bills. Safety first dont depend on someone elses word that the tune wont grenade ur ****

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
252 Posts
Based on what the shop finds they can best recommend what are the easiest and safest blower friendly upgrades

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does not have a wideband. I was going to get that and a boost gauge. Do you know a good set to buy that won't hurt the wallet?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I plugged in my SF3 tuner and it started doing a download. Afterwards I started the car and it's started smoking and running poor idle. I shut it off. I then used the tuner to put back to factory ecu and nothing has changed. I can't even drive it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Told u to take it to a tuner first not to trust the word of the guy u bought it from. Have it towed to tuners shop if its running that bad

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got it figured out. Re-ran the tune that was on there and it runs good now. I will get it to a tuner ASAP though. Do you have any recommendations for decently priced gauges?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts