Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 GT with the Shaker 500 i was changing CDs. This morning and it gave me the cd error. So the only option I'm left with to listen to radio stations or I can go to Best Buy and let them install the Isimple connect to the radio that way I can listen to my iPhone instead would this route be better or replace the whole unit.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have a 2006 GT with the Shaker 500 i was changing CDs. This morning and it gave me the cd error. So the only option I'm left with to listen to radio stations or I can go to Best Buy and let them install the Isimple connect to the radio that way I can listen to my iPhone instead would this route be better or replace the whole unit.
I replaced mine with an aftermarket double din kenwood which I snagged on eBay for 70 bucks an had no issues :)

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
I replaced mine with an aftermarket double din kenwood which I snagged on eBay for 70 bucks an had no issues :)
Why do you have a donut with spilled coffee sitting on your dash?

·
Registered
440 Posts
+1 on the donught question haha. OP I have a kenwood single din that I had bought for another car but it never used it. I'm thinking about making the move to a double din though as they just look so much better in there. The stock units are terrible, mine would give the bad cd error on brand new cd's, skip whole songs or randomly rewind itself back a few seconds and on a couple of occasions give the cd error and not work at all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I Would definitely go with a double din Kenwood or Alpine 7 inch touch screen. Makes the whole console look so clean and minimalistic. Can get on eBay for a good price. Pm if you have questions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts