Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to take advantage of the nice weather today and wash/wax my car before the bad weather hits.

What's the best stuff to use for a Black 08 GT?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looking to take advantage of the nice weather today and wash/wax my car before the bad weather hits.

What's the best stuff to use for a Black 08 GT?
Gold Class, basic mothers carnauba wax, almost all nice carnauba waxes will give the same shine

But if your more concerned about longevity you can get a synthetic wax, mothers and Meguiars make good ones, tho I feel the shine is better with carnauba but the synthetic polymer stuff last alot longer

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I agree with Basohol and I'll add, buy high quality towels ! Use cheap ones and you'll have swirl marks everywhere.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I agree with Basohol and I'll add, buy high quality towels ! Use cheap ones and you'll have swirl marks everywhere.
Ya that's real important!!! Microfiber towels only!!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Here's what I use and love, I use to use 30 dollars Meguiars platinum and it was too oily and didn't give that warm deep shine like carnauba

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Gold Class, basic mothers carnauba wax, almost all nice carnauba waxes will give the same shine

But if your more concerned about longevity you can get a synthetic wax, mothers and Meguiars make good ones, tho I feel the shine is better with carnauba but the synthetic polymer stuff last alot longer
+1

Use carnuba wax 1st and if you have time apply 2nd coat (synthetic) next day or in next couple of weeks for a shine that lasts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your mcguires deep crystal gave a really nice shine. Maybe ill have to give that a try

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Your mcguires deep crystal gave a really nice shine. Maybe ill have to give that a try
It's really easy on and off that's why I like it and I have used every wax! This is my favorite so far and it's like 9 bucks

·
Registered
86 Posts
JaxWax Liquid Paste Carnauba is a great product and can be used in direct sun if need be. I used it once on my black 300 SRT8 in Vegas sun with no issues. Easy on and off and leaves a brilliant finish.

·
Registered
535 Posts
JaxWax Liquid Paste Carnauba is a great product and can be used in direct sun if need be. I used it once on my black 300 SRT8 in Vegas sun with no issues. Easy on and off and leaves a brilliant finish.
I love jax wax. I use the cherry wax and its much better than the big three you find anywhere imo. I also like Simply Z Best Wax by zaino as mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I'll check that out, I saw it on sale in my jegs catalog

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Rosco said:
I love jax wax. I use the cherry wax and its much better than the big three you find anywhere imo. I also like Simply Z Best Wax by zaino as mentioned earlier.
I belive zaino what I'll be buying. I don't have swirl marks yet, and I don't want them. Is there a better choice out there as far as rags, I'm using micro fiber towels rite now.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I belive zaino what I'll be buying. I don't have swirl marks yet, and I don't want them. Is there a better choice out there as far as rags, I'm using micro fiber towels rite now.
Use Microfiber. Don't actually wipe though. Lay on and pat. Also, throw it away if it at all touches the ground. They pick up everything including dust/rocks. .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts