Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1977 Ford Mustang with a 302 in it with an automatic transmission, and I think I have a vaccuum leak. Does anyone know the best way to check this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The best way is with a smoke machine. If you don't have access to one, either do a very close visual inspection of ALL vacuum lines, use propane around the intake manifold, or vacuum gauge on all lines. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
here a trick you can do, take dish soap, with water, spary it on the vac hose ,the one that got the bubblel be , the leak

·
Registered
18 Posts
well a vacume gauge is good start. then start engine . a squirt bottle set on stream,squirt water around vacume connections.the rpm will smooth up when you squirt the problem spots,u can do it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Soap Bubbles, Vacuum, Bubbles? Its sucks not blows so that wont work. Start engine, spray some WD-40 around suspected area(s), if engine idle changes then you have found your leak...

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can use brake cleaner or a can of quick start. Get 2-3 cans and spray all lines with vehicle running. Listen to the idle, when it drops at a certain area you're spaying at, you found to leak. The other way is by sound sometimes, vac leaks are usually noisy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts