Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkin about you know the whole 1st to 2nd thing with the auto, but other people say its best to leave it in drive, can someone clear this up? Cause when I race sometimes I do the 1st, 2nd method and shift it right before the redline, which is about 4800rpms I believe, but I know in drive it shifts a little earlier.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The computer can shift alot better than you ever could with the auto. When you shift manually with the auto, there is a delay. And the computer can just shift better, period. If you are serious about dragging with your auto, get a shift kit, this will make the shifts alot firmer and save you a little time.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
lowflyn said:
The computer can shift alot better than you ever could with the auto. When you shift manually with the auto, there is a delay. And the computer can just shift better, period. If you are serious about dragging with your auto, get a shift kit, this will make the shifts alot firmer and save you a little time.
exactly. and a stall converter couldn't hurt. :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
yep, with my shift kit, at full throttle it will chirp the tires goin into 2nd, and ive tripped the traction control going into third a few times :uhh: :cool:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh, get a shift kit, chip, stall converter, gears, and t-lock and your car will take off like a mofo

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ya, those will help alot too. The stockers on the v6 suck so much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts