Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently debating on what engine size i should put in my 73 mustang and want to know how BIG i can go

·
Registered
45 Posts
A 385 series big block (429/460) will fit. As far as displacement, your wallet is the only limiting factor. A good production 460 block with sufficient cylinder wall thickness can be built to 557 cubic inches without even having to do any clearancing. Aftermarket blocks with a standard 10.3" deck height can be built to well over 600 cubic inches.

·
Registered
39 Posts
a 460 will go in there.. the 69 model was the first satng to be de
signed to receive a bb without alot of trouble.. the 73 is better yet..good luck.. remember your suspension and dirvetrain will need help as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can go as big as you want, depending on your budget.

PAW has some awesome kit motors for this era vehicle.

You could really have anything because there are so many combinations of oversized pistons and cranks to stuff in any block. But I would look at paw , jegs , summit , etc.etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
they could be ordered with the 429 in 71, which is the same basic block as the 460, so you can go with the biggest Ford there is just use 71 engine mounts...

·
Registered
44 Posts
depending or your pockets and without cutting the frame of the car, you show go with a ford GT 40 engine swap, yummy 550 (bhp) i know a guy with that and omg 0-100 in like 7 sec

1 - 8 of 8 Posts