Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at options such as duplicolor but for my year torch red color isn't an option. I'm wanting to paint some interior pieces as close as I can to the outside. Anyone know why torch red isn't listed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been looking at options such as duplicolor but for my year torch red color isn't an option. I'm wanting to paint some interior pieces as close as I can to the outside. Anyone know why torch red isn't listed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I wish they had torch red. I use cardinal red I think it's called. Also one of the krylon fusion is close too.

The best match however is duck brand red duct tape. Perfect match.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Touch Up Paint and accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

I've ordered from these guys twice and the color match was exact! Takes a week or so for the order to arrive because they mix when they receive your order.

I ordered my color, primer and since I painted some plastic the plastic surface prep also. About $40 total but very worth it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Touch Up Paint and accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

I've ordered from these guys twice and the color match was exact! Takes a week or so for the order to arrive because they mix when they receive your order.

I ordered my color, primer and since I painted some plastic the plastic surface prep also. About $40 total but very worth it.
I've ordered from these folks too. I ordered some color pens. Primer and Torch Red. Perfect match.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Like Labrat said initially, go to your nearest Automotive Paint store like PPG or ???
They will make you up a single stage rattle can for about $20. If you have a part off the car with the paint they will usually scan it with a laser to get a better match for your specific car and make up a spray can...if you need to get more they will have the paint code for your car and you'll be able to match at a later date. You can also have them put a two part paint into the can...this is by far the best solution and the paint will match exactly...IMHO

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Not sure why you want lacquer although it is almost impossible to get anymore because of DEQ...just like not being able to spray a car with lacquer.
You can ask and maybe they can...I haven't seen it for decades.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Like Labrat said initially, go to your nearest Automotive Paint store like PPG or ???
They will make you up a single stage rattle can for about $20. If you have a part off the car with the paint they will usually scan it with a laser to get a better match for your specific car and make up a spray can...if you need to get more they will have the paint code for your car and you'll be able to match at a later date. You can also have them put a two part paint into the can...this is by far the best solution and the paint will match exactly...IMHO
You are correct, but, the last time I did this I had to buy the whole quart of paint. They wouldn't just make one rattle can. And a quart makes way more cans of paint than what I needed or wanted. They also said I could get just the one can and take the rest of the paint in its orginal container. And a quart of paint was at the time I believe $75.00.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
You are correct, but, the last time I did this I had to buy the whole quart of paint. They wouldn't just make one rattle can. And a quart makes way more cans of paint than what I needed or wanted. They also said I could get just the one can and take the rest of the paint in its orginal container. And a quart of paint was at the time I believe $75.00.
I suspect it is a policy of your local dealer...not sure where you are going to have this done. In the 12 months I've had maybe a dozen cans made up of different colors and never had the local PPG dealer tell me I had to buy a whole quart because they have to mix the paint to make what I want and they apparently have a big supply to choose from...at least at this dealer anyway and all he sells is PPG paint and supplies.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I suspect it is a policy of your local dealer...not sure where you are going to have this done. In the 12 months I've had maybe a dozen cans made up of different colors and never had the local PPG dealer tell me I had to buy a whole quart because they have to mix the paint to make what I want and they apparently have a big supply to choose from...at least at this dealer anyway and all he sells is PPG paint and supplies.
I think that also. This was up in Flint, MI. But when down by Detroit you could, as you stated, go in, wait 10 minutes and walk out with one can of your color.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure why you want lacquer although it is almost impossible to get anymore because of DEQ...just like not being able to spray a car with lacquer.

You can ask and maybe they can...I haven't seen it for decades.

What was our cars sprayed with? Urethane or enamel?

I want to avoid spraying urethane isn't that stuff toxic as hell?

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts