Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the difference between chrome rims and polished rims? is chrome worth the extra $$$?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Easy.

Polished = Bling.
Chrome = Bling Bling.

It depends on your taste. Chrome is a lot brighter and mirror-like... It's also harder to take care of. And weighs more.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Laser02 said:
Easy.

It depends on your taste. Chrome is a lot brighter and mirror-like... It's also harder to take care of. And weighs more.

How can it be hard to take care of, its no harder than anything else. As long as you take care of your rims, it will last long, and does not rust. Very good choice if you like to show your car... really catches ones eye at a car show.

Polish is a ***** to try to polish up, some will say you can make them shine with wax's and what not just like chrome, I have had both, and polish rims are so dull you just dont get the shine as you do with chrome rims.

thats my 2cents worth...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Polish is kinda like a dull dirty chrome to me.

All chrome is is a copper or nickel (most $$$) covering then a chrome on top of it. Most chrome rims are aluminum.

To get a good polish, you'll need a rotating polishing pad that goes about 2,000 RPMs and some polishing compound to get a chrome finish.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Dom said:
To get a good polish, you'll need a rotating polishing pad that goes about 2,000 RPMs and some polishing compound to get a chrome finish.
I didnt think I had that much wrist action, but who would had thunked it?

·
Registered
678 Posts

CHROME!! :)

ps i think that 2nd pic will be the one used in my 2 page spread!

IMO polished looks like crusty ass chrome that needs some cleaning but can just never really shine :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Chrome is alot easier to keep clean than polished is....I have chrome cobra Rs and basically all you have to do is hit it with soap and water and they are clean. No polish is needed to keep em shiny. :D

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
doesnt chrome rust tho? and polished doesnt as easy? correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
166 Posts
i think your thinking about chrome exhaust tips..yes those will rust, but thats b/c of the exhuast passing throught them. The chrome doesnt have any problems with rusting in and of itself that ive found.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Chrome will rust. No one can say it wont. and for you falconbballer15 the road salt will do a #, so if you get Chrome then Keep your stocks for the winter. But if you keep the chrome clean it looks better, like green said, water soap and TLC will do it. no big deal. (btw green, tips rust most because only the outside of the tip is chromed and it has lots of water in the pipes all the time. also most tips are cheap. :| ) 8)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your right dude..i totally forgot about the road salt and what not. I live in South Carolina where snow is not a common thing so it slipped my mind lol :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts