Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
100 on a 45 road. would have taken it higher, but my dad's friend took his stock '66 up to 110 and the front wheels came off the ground like an airplane taking off.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I was hitting 110 in my stang last night... damn speed govener!!!!! :oops:

Fastest I've ever been was in my grandfathers 440 Magnum V8 69 Charger in the Salt flats. 172 If I remember correctly. I would have to look for the paperwork form the radaring station. I was not driving, I was the passenger. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried to find out at what speed my car would cut off after getting 4.10 gears installed. It never cut off so I hit about 120 before I got scared and let it back down. I'm still not sure why my rev limiter won't stop me but I'm not going to complain

·
Registered
83 Posts
My car 115 till the gov kicked in. 168 with plenty to go in my Dads Porsche.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
99vert said:
I think about 92.
lol yea fastest i went was about 90

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
115 is 27% faster than 90. So although I agree 25mph is not huge, when you're a wimp like me it's a lot! :mrgreen:

Plus at 90 my 4.10's push my RPM's up near 4000, so it's already screaming. And add to that the drop top noise and the previously mentioned wimp factor and you get 96 max!

lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
192..but it was on a crotch rocket..I thought I was gonna die..but hell..I would do it again if I ever got the chance..my friend dont let me ride his bike no more cause he thinks Ill kill myself.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
99vert said:
at 110, I would think the goofy body of the pre99's would come apart. Remember in FnF when he hit the NWAAAAZ and his floor fell out? See, I know it can happen!
You're welcome to come over for a demonstration. And you have to remember...

Imports are built with chopsticks, Domestics are built with tools!

110 isn't anything to sneeze at by any means. Almost 2 miles a minute. And it is quite a feeling to see cars going 60 wizz by like they're standing still. And Yes, if something were to happen at that speed, I would be dead.

·
Registered
29 Posts
135ish in the Stang, and about 145 in my old Camaro

I say 135 ISH because the speedo pegs at 120, but I climbed WAY up over that with more room to go, amazing what having the speed limiters removed can do :D viva la diablo!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts