Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, why do people soup up their v6 stang? I was planing on supercharging and souping up mine. But I can get a v8 stang and have even more power for cheaper. Like after a supercharger and other upgrades a v6 is about 400hp, a v8 is still more.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

And don't get me wrong, I love my v6 just wondering if it was worth it to make it even faster.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Some people just have emotional attachments to their rides. Be it v6, GT, GT500.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
There's also the uniqueness of a possible 400+ hp V6 Mustang. I can also say that if I had gone with a 5.0 like I wanted, the payments would have kept me from having the money for mods. The V6 on the other hand still has plenty of power for me, and I'm able to save up and pay for the mods I want. Eventually, I plan to go forced induction and be part of that 400+ club.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Souping - The act of pouring 'soup' on or in a vehicle.

Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
deadsp0t said:

Hahahahah you made me laugh so hard! Did I misspell it, or is this just a general joke?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Mustang240 said:
Hahahahah you made me laugh so hard! Did I misspell it, or is this just a general joke?
Meant as general joke lol I would have done the same thing I suspect lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
deadsp0t said:
We're global but yea you are still correct! If you love it, own it! :D
Ok you explained what souping is. But you never answered my question. Why do you pour soup on it? Does it give your paint a special shine?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Mustang240 said:
I was just wondering, why do people soup up their v6 stang? I was planing on supercharging and souping up mine. But I can get a v8 stang and have even more power for cheaper. Like after a supercharger and other upgrades a v6 is about 400hp, a v8 is still more.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

And don't get me wrong, I love my v6 just wondering if it was worth it to make it even faster.
Tbh, this is just stupid. There's always something better to get. Our new V6's are just as fast as any previous GT. So why would anyone mod those? If you like your car, mod it. And that's all there is to it. Plus, there is no point in trying to make your car faster then another. There will ALWAYS be someone faster. Do what makes you happy. There are supercharged 3.7's running 10's in the 1/4 though. Which is quite impressive. That blows the doors off stock 5.0's and GT500's. Plus like Florida3.7 said, it's unique. Say a GT500 wants to run your little V6 and winds up staring at your taillights. Would be pretty embarrassing on his part. Bottom line, do what makes you happy. Anyone can make there car fast. If you really wanna go fast though, get a bike :)

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

deadsp0t said:

Haha nice

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tbh, this is just stupid. There's always something better to get. Our new V6's are just as fast as any previous GT. So why would anyone mod those? If you like your car, mod it. And that's all there is to it. Plus, there is no point in trying to make your car faster then another. There will ALWAYS be someone faster. Do what makes you happy. There are supercharged 3.7's running 10's in the 1/4 though. Which is quite impressive. That blows the doors off stock 5.0's and GT500's. Plus like Florida3.7 said, it's unique. Say a GT500 wants to run your little V6 and winds up staring at your taillights. Would be pretty embarrassing on his part. Bottom line, do what makes you happy. Anyone can make there car fast. If you really wanna go fast though, get a bike :)

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Haha nice
+11111

·
Registered
629 Posts
CYCLON37 said:

Haha nice
That is my final goal... beating a gt500! The ultimate upgrade. Not the 2013... something from before that

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts

I'm sure there are many reasons why. Probably for young folks it's cost of insurance. Regardless, I think no matter what you have 4, 6 or 8, you should always be able to fix up your ride. That goes for appearance, performance or whatever. It's all up to you and what your willing to put into your car.:good:

·
Registered
745 Posts
my parents bought me my car and wouldn't let me get a v8. I'm not going to bottom mine out and supercharge it but maybe some people want to, and they had no control over what they received.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Because they can. If they had a v8 they would be souping that up too. If they had a v12 they would soup that up etc. It is the same reason people mod gt500's Ford GT's Vettes, Lambos, Jets, Boats etc. Because they can... End of story.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

That is my final goal... beating a gt500! The ultimate upgrade. Not the 2013... something from before that
Until you do it. Then you will want to beat a modded GT500. lol. Chase that number!:headbang:

·
Registered
607 Posts
pwrby4d said:
Because they can. If they had a v8 they would be souping that up too. If they had a v12 they would soup that up etc. It is the same reason people mod gt500's Ford GT's Vettes, Lambos, Jets, Boats etc. Because they can... End of story.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Until you do it. Then you will want to beat a modded GT500. lol. Chase that number!:headbang:
+1000

·
Registered
629 Posts
pwrby4d said:

Oh it wont be for a few years but i was browsing the hellion site today. 400 hp on a /conservative/ tune... hmmm. Next sentence read, "this kit can exceed 950 hp on a properly built vehicle." Now THAT is a number to chase!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
I was debating when ordering whether to go 8 or 6 this time. At the track a week before placing the order with my Xcarger'd 4.0 V6 running mid 12's and 2 new 5.0's were there.

Made a pass and one of the 5.0 guys comes up and says "I thoight you'd be quicker because I can hear the blower" I finished opening the hood and he started counting spark plug wires.

Next thing he said was "this is a six? Now I'm impressed". He then turned to the other guy and said "we are getting our a$$es handed to us by a six".

Decided I wanted to stay with something unique then and ordered the V6. Even with the V8 I know I would have spent the money on FI at some point so that expense is a wash. The 6 has plenty of power for daily driving and once the turbo goes on will run 11's no problem. With a convertible I have to watch the ET anyway because I don't want to be quicker than a 6 point - no plans to ever put a full cage in this car.

It's easy to get the 8 to be quick, but then I'd have 'just another modded GT' rather than something unique

1 - 20 of 113 Posts