Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Between the tail lights, the black glossy panel the faux gas cap is attached to.

Should that be waxed or not? What should be put on there to protect it? I don't want to scratch it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
One at a time, and eventually all the cats are out of the bag. Bad dog, no biscuit.

Yeah, the panel is plastic. I pretty much wax everything except the windshield on the car.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
One at a time, and eventually all the cats are out of the bag. Bad dog, no biscuit.

Yeah, the panel is plastic. I pretty much wax everything except the windshield on the car.
Depends on the wax. If you use a paste wax and do this you are going to be an unhappy person.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
He asked a general question and got a general answer. 12s and back are steel, but regardless of year, it needs waxed.
right, he said glossy panel that the faux gas cap is attached too, hence a 13. The 11-12 model mustangs never had these. I have one I am going to install on my 11 I got from another user on here, but it isn't a direct fit, I have to modify it slightly first.

wasn't trying to be a jerk, just giving him the correct answer.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Depends on the wax. If you use a paste wax and do this you are going to be an unhappy person.
Surf City Garage. Doesn't act like the old school paste waxes. I was not completely sure about it, but couldn't pass up the price at their show, so took a chance. That reminds me, it's probably about time to throw another coat on.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Surf City Garage. Doesn't act like the old school paste waxes. I was not completely sure about it, but couldn't pass up the price at their show, so took a chance. That reminds me, it's probably about time to throw another coat on.
yeah my car is a mess from using mothers paste wax. Just wasn't thinking about it. Had been using a liquid wax from Turtle Wax that didn't have this problem. Now my car looks like a 5 year old waxed it :(

Soon as we get some nice weather going to deal with that.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
yeah my car is a mess from using mothers paste wax. Just wasn't thinking about it. Had been using a liquid wax from Turtle Wax that didn't have this problem. Now my car looks like a 5 year old waxed it :(

Soon as we get some nice weather going to deal with that.
U mean the black plastic has wax residue??

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah here is just part of the car. It is everywhere :(. I got some stuff from turtle wax to "hide" it just the weather has been so bad haven't tried it.
That's not a problem at all!! Get Mothers Back to Black, and rub it in with a terry cloth, u will thank me later!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
That's not a problem at all!! Get Mothers Back to Black, and rub it in with a terry cloth, u will thank me later!!
yup didn't work haha. That part there is where I tried it. I purchased the same kind of thing from turtle wax to try it, see if it works any better.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
nosympathy said:
yup didn't work haha. That part there is where I tried it. I purchased the same kind of thing from turtle wax to try it, see if it works any better.
If It's the same kind of trim the 05s had, I used john deer vinyl and rubber protectant to get it off. My wife had it everywhere.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
If It's the same kind of trim the 05s had, I used john deer vinyl and rubber protectant to get it off. My wife had it everywhere.
haha I do too, looks like I am an idiot that cannot wax the car. I honestly just wasn't thinking about it since I hadn't used paste wax in years.

I'll check that out tho, thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
326 Posts
haha I do too, looks like I am an idiot that cannot wax the car. I honestly just wasn't thinking about it since I hadn't used paste wax in years.

I'll check that out tho, thanks for the heads up!
You can also try using a tooth brush on the plastic, that's how I'd get the excess wax out of badges on my old jeep!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts