Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Yes sir. Those are shims. You can buy them at any car parts place in any thickness you would like.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Pulled upper control arms and these were attached to the bolts that bolts to the engine bay. Are they spacers?
If you are replacing the upper control arm or the bushing I would put the same one back in until you get an alignment, it will give the alignment place a starting point.

·
Registered
161 Posts
as the others indicated they are alignment shims. you need to replace them as they came out of the car when you put the upper arms back in place to make sure your initial alignment setting is close enough to drive the car to the alignment shop, unless you have the required tools to align the front end yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
+1 very well said

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Lesson learned the hard way I guess since they all just fell off and not sure what came off which side

·
Registered
161 Posts
Should I be able to just stack them all and divide it in half and go off of that?
nope, that wont get you even close. i think your best bet is going to be having the car towed to the alignment shop and let them do their magic. understand that this is a safety deal as well as a maintenance deal. if the suspension alignment is not at least close to spec, the car can be very uncontrollable when driving. it can be very squirrelly under braking, turning, and even just trying to go in a straight line.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope, that wont get you even close. i think your best bet is going to be having the car towed to the alignment shop and let them do their magic. understand that this is a safety deal as well as a maintenance deal. if the suspension alignment is not at least close to spec, the car can be very uncontrollable when driving. it can be very squirrelly under braking, turning, and even just trying to go in a straight line.
Thanks for the advice. It will be a while until the car leaves for an alignment anyway. Too much to do to it before hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts