Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mustang has the standard wheels, 17x7.0, with the Michelin tires, P215/65R17. I know adding bigger wheels reduces the mpg so I was thinking about keeping the same wheel size but getting the solid black bullitt wheels from AM which are are a 17x8. What is the difference and can I fit my current tires on that wheel? Since my current tires are in good condition and I would rather wear them out before purchasing new ones.

·
Registered
266 Posts
use the tires you have then go with a whole new wheel set. thats my advice. or like im doing, replacing the wheels but leaving the others mounted as a back up, incase(hopefully i wont need them) i need some good tires until i can get more.
i would try tire rack.com and see if your current size will fit on the new rims(im not sure) but keep in mind replacing the tires you need to do the sensors also unless you want the TPMS light on constantly...which is why im just changing all of it out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
use the tires you have then go with a whole new wheel set. thats my advice. or like im doing, replacing the wheels but leaving the others mounted as a back up, incase(hopefully i wont need them) i need some good tires until i can get more.
i would try tire rack.com and see if your current size will fit on the new rims(im not sure) but keep in mind replacing the tires you need to do the sensors also unless you want the TPMS light on constantly...which is why im just changing all of it out.
Thanks, I will check out the site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts