Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at wheels for future purchase, RTR wheel package has 4 19x9.5 wheels while others have 8.5 for the front. If you look on AM at individual wheels, the 9.5" says rear fitment only. Does anyone have experience putting the 9.5" on the front anyways (as in buying 4 9.5" wheels instead of a staggered package)?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ARfirefighter said:
Looking at wheels for future purchase, RTR wheel package has 4 19x9.5 wheels while others have 8.5 for the front. If you look on AM at individual wheels, the 9.5" says rear fitment only. Does anyone have experience putting the 9.5" on the front anyways (as in buying 4 9.5" wheels instead of a staggered package)?
Brembo package comes with 9.5, youlll be fine

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
OzzyLiriano said:
Brembo package comes with 9.5, youlll be fine
No they're not. They're 9.0" wide. You'll run into fitment issues running wider than 9.0" due to 99% of the offsets are designed for rear fitment only. You'll have to get a custom offset or use a 3 piece wheel. They say rear only for a reason.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
No they're not. They're 9.0" wide. You'll run into fitment issues running wider than 9.0" due to 99% of the offsets are designed for rear fitment only. You'll have to get a custom offset or use a 3 piece wheel. They say rear only for a reason.
So the RTR are a custom offset? Are they different offset than the "rear only" wheels? I'm not at my computer to look them up is why I ask.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
ARfirefighter said:
So the RTR are a custom offset? Are they different offset than the "rear only" wheels? I'm not at my computer to look them up is why I ask.
I'm sure the rtr wheels have a different offset for the front and rear.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
I'm sure the rtr wheels have a different offset for the front and rear.
Just had a chance to look them up. All RTR wheels are the same backspacing and offset( 6.5"( 165mm)). Others like the AMR are 7.14"( 182mm). The offset of the RTR is 33mm(1.3") while the AMR is 48mm(1.9"). Now I know why the others won't fit like the RTRs will. I like the look of staggered wheels but also like the option to be able to rotate my tires.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
ARfirefighter said:
Just had a chance to look them up. All RTR wheels are the same backspacing and offset( 6.5"( 165mm)). Others like the AMR are 7.14"( 182mm). The offset of the RTR is 33mm(1.3") while the AMR is 48mm(1.9"). Now I know why the others won't fit like the RTRs will. I like the look of staggered wheels but also like the option to be able to rotate my tires.
Good to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts