Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Wheel is off center in wheel well.

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  primer2tone 
#1 ·
I've got an 07 gt with 70k miles and ever since I've bought i have noticed my front right wheel is more towards the back. Here is a crappy picture of me rolling and another one when i was experimeting with plasti dip haha. but i decided to take it off. anyway, Anyone had this issue? I took it in and they told me it was my camber bolts? And then they want to align it. They looked at the control arm and other possible suspension parts but they said everything was fine. It drives just fine too.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nope, it has never been wrecked, however on the rim there is a slight dent not very bad though. It's like as If someone hit a curb. I checked the car fax when I bought it and everything was clean. The shop measured everything out and inspected the control arm and they say it is not bent. I've looked at it myself also first and didn't see a damn thing wrong.

#5 ·
Carfax doesn't show everything, it's actually worthless advice is most cases, I was in a small fender bender that required getting 2 grand worth of body work and paint, I paid cash, while it was only a few dents and paint, not structure, it won't show up on the carFax when I sell it cause I paid cash and told the body shop what's up :p

#6 ·
I had a 03 Mach I with the same problem, but it had a bent A frame bracket from being wrecked. I had been aligned so well that it didn't pull and the tires didn't wear abnormally. I got my money back from the dealer. I guess the car wasn't inspected when they took it in a trade-in. When I noticed the wheel sitting further back from the other side and looked under it I noticed it. They were in shock cause somebody didn't do their homework, so they offer my money back...took it in a heartbeat. So in your case if there is nothing damaged underneath and the car runs straight and there is no abnormal wear on the tires, you should be okay.

#7 ·
He shouldn't be "ok" clearly that's not normal and something is messed up regarded of if it drives straight or everything looks good

#9 ·
Normally you would look for bent control arm or strut for this condition, however it could be simply that someone loosened the bolts trying to experiment with caster and camber, and simply messed it up. Also, if the bolts were not tightened properly last time it was aligned and the it hit curb or anything hard enough it will move all of your alignment points. The best thing to do is get an alignment from a shop that provides before and after printouts of your cars data. It is impossible to get all numbers "green" or in spec with something bent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.