Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between a hub centric wheel spacer and I guess normal ones? I know nothing about wheel spacers

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
i dont have spacers. but buy the hubcentric spacers. the hubcentric spacers have this ring down the middle of the spacer that makes it snug in better than other spacers. other spacers will make your tire feel like its shaking at high speeds

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hub centric slide over your hub and stock wheel studs and use a separate set of lug nuts that lock onto your axle, then they have their own wheels studs that you slide your wheels onto and finally torque your lug nuts down. Compared to just a thin piece of metal that slide on your studs (non-hub centric), which ultimately then shortens the amount of threads that you can use when you torque your lug nuts down. AM has them but charges about double from what ebay has them for about half, but make sure if you go the eBay route like I did you get a quality part.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I've had regular spacers before, had em on my 6 for about a year and a half and then on my v8 for another few months no problems at all. People told me to stay away from them but for the deal I got I didn't pass em up. Had no problems whatsoever and they are now on my friends v6

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I need them bad. It sounds like ill be better off getting hub centric? Sounds a bit safer ha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts