Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was curious since I can't seem to find out for sure on our year.

I was looking at getting the 25 or 35mm wheel spacers from H&R for my car so the wheels don't look tucked in when I lower my car here shortly. I noticed on AM website that it says it doesn't work on stock rims, but since it covers years 94-13 I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is just older mustangs?

Honestly guess cause I don't have much experience with rims and tires I don't get why they wouldn't work on my stock 18" rims but would on after market with the same bolt pattern.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
25mm or 35mm are too much. Your wheels will actually stick out past the fenders a little. They don't work with factory wheels because of the casting on the back of the wheel casting in relation to the mating surface of the hub. Where the spacer mounts to the factory lugs the lugs are to long and will contact your factory rims. Blue oval industries sells a wheel spacer kit for the 99-04 that will work and it comes with extended length lugs to use. But I recommend purchasing the arp ones that AM sells. This is what I have and it works great. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
25mm or 35mm are too much. Your wheels will actually stick out past the fenders a little. They don't work with factory wheels because of the casting on the back of the wheel casting in relation to the mating surface of the hub. Where the spacer mounts to the factory lugs the lugs are to long and will contact your factory rims. Blue oval industries sells a wheel spacer kit for the 99-04 that will work and it comes with extended length lugs to use. But I recommend purchasing the arp ones that AM sells. This is what I have and it works great. Good luck.
OK thanks for the info! Best answer I have seen so far. What would be a good recommendation for how far they should be? Or should I wait till I drop the car and measure?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
OK thanks for the info! Best answer I have seen so far. What would be a good recommendation for how far they should be? Or should I wait till I drop the car and measure?
1/2" all around. The studs that come with the BOI kit don't have the proper knurl diameter to be pressed into your hubs. They can work but I recommend highly the ARP studs that AM sells. No need to wait, good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Personally I got a custom made set for the front of my car. They are hub centric and made of solid aluminum. I haven't put them on yet. For to get studs for the front that are a half inch bigger. That's what I went with is 1/2".

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Personally I got a custom made set for the front of my car. They are hub centric and made of solid aluminum. I haven't put them on yet. For to get studs for the front that are a half inch bigger. That's what I went with is 1/2".
This was my next suggestion. Most machine shops could mill you spacers for pretty cheap. The ones from BOI are billet aluminum and hub centric. The ARP extended studs from AM are top notch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts