Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, i just lowered my car today, i realized my rims are tucked in to much and though about wheel spacers but im not sure what size i would need. I have 18x9 all the way around. What size are you guys using? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Ok so, i just lowered my car today, i realized my rims are tucked in to much and though about wheel spacers but im not sure what size i would need. I have 18x9 all the way around. What size are you guys using? Any help would be great.
I went with 1.5" From AM and I'm lowered 2" in the rear still no rubbing issues an they stick out which is what I like

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with 1.5" From AM and I'm lowered 2" in the rear still no rubbing issues an they stick out which is what I like
That seems like theyd hit the fenders haha. Id want it to be about flush with it. Im guessing itd be about an in or a little less, but i dont know how to tell.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That seems like theyd hit the fenders haha. Id want it to be about flush with it. Im guessing itd be about an in or a little less, but i dont know how to tell.
I thought so to went with 1" before an wasn't out as much so my guess bet to go that or less for you

·
Registered
211 Posts
Im thinking about doing wheel spacers myself I have the 18x8.5 factory Fan-Blade wheels on my car now and I realy like the way they look but with 50mm backspaceing they are just tucked in way to much. Ive been looking at new wheels and tires (staggered) but don't realy what to dorp
2K on wheels and tires right now would rather do some performance upgrades and do wheels and tires later down the road. I found this pic of a gt with 1" spacers front and rear and I like the way it looks so I think Im going to go with 1" spacers for now to save some money

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I found These on Ebay for a little over $100 for 4 of them 25mm hubcentric or 1" going to order them this week along with an Eibach pro plus kit adj panhard bar and GT500 strut mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im thinking about doing wheel spacers myself I have the 18x8.5 factory Fan-Blade wheels on my car now and I realy like the way they look but with 50mm backspaceing they are just tucked in way to much. Ive been looking at new wheels and tires (staggered) but don't realy what to dorp
2K on wheels and tires right now would rather do some performance upgrades and do wheels and tires later down the road. I found this pic of a gt with 1" spacers front and rear and I like the way it looks so I think Im going to go with 1" spacers for now to save some money
That looks really good. I think i might try 1". I just hope it doesnt poke out to much.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tie a washer to a piece of string and then tape the string to the lip of the fender you want to measure let the washer hang down to the rim then measure from the rim or the fattest part of the tire that you want flush with the fender out to the string and that should tell you how thick of a wheel spacer you need. this site sells lots of different size
wheel spacers for mustangs check both sides in rear to make sure rear end is centered.
Mustang wheel spacers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts