Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yea why not? That's what they make them for..but if you are lowered enough you may have a rubbing issue. You most likely will not, a lot of people use them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you are worried, spend the cash and get hubcentric spacers. American Muscle has them I believe.

The track I go to will not let you run if you have cheap universal spacers. For DD use, I'd say fine. If your taking your baby to the track, spend the extra cash.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is it safe to do burnouts or powerslides and stuff like that with spacers on? No track though
Get the eibach ones if you're going to try and test them.. Make sure everything is tight I think it's like 70-80 lbs for our lugs. Are you planning on getting 1/4" or like 1" plus?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My rims are pretty sucked in so maybe an inch. And I'm not planning on testing them I don't drive me car hard

·
Registered
329 Posts
Get the eibach ones if you're going to try and test them.. Make sure everything is tight I think it's like 70-80 lbs for our lugs. Are you planning on getting 1/4" or like 1" plus?
1" plus I want them just a bit more then fender width but im scared to buy them csuse I once in a while wil do a burnout or slide my car and I think it'll break something with spacers on

·
Registered
441 Posts
1" plus I want them just a bit more then fender width but im scared to buy them csuse I once in a while wil do a burnout or slide my car and I think it'll break something with spacers on
Don't cheap out on a set..get eibach you'll be fine...and put anti seize between spacer and rotor so they can come off. I'm sure they are tested and can withstand quite a bit, but wouldn't hurt to check them out every so often.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you go with a hub centric type spacer like the Eibach ones mentioned, you will be able to do slides and burn outs without worry. Not to say you "won't ever" break something doing these things. If you play hard, things break.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have spacers on my rear and I've never had an issue. As far as brand goes, I wouldn't be able to tell you since they came on the 'Stang when I bought it over a year ago.

My car is a daily driver and I do tend to speed and brake hard at times to avoid running red lights, still.. no problems with the spacers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts