Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got 18x9 marauder rims with 275(YES 275)/35/18 kumho's. i want to kick the back tires out, as everyon with these cars know they are tucked really far in for the aerodynamics. im wondering if a 1" spacer will work .. theres about an inch and a half from the edge of the tire to inner lip. just making sure im not missing something. dont feel like ripping the quarters off. thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
232stang said:
i heard wheels spacers are dangerous but i dont know from experience maybey i was malinformed
cheap aluminum spacers are not a good idea, you're right. however, the more expensive quality spacers are heat tempered (so as not to warp when heated by the wheels, requiring constant tightening) and have studs coming out of them. you screw the spacer onto your existing studs and new ones for your make/model will be used to actually put on your wheel. these have shown to be good in all situations, even autox and open track, spacers are better than shimming axles. of course, a wider rear diff housing would be ideal but that's rarely a practical option. but this is mostly opinion and conjuncture from hanging around people that have done this and not from me myself doing this.

austin

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah theres not that much room in the front.. i dont use my car auto-x or anythign where my brakes get very very hot, only the occasional quick slowdowns on the higways for the cops. so is it neccesary that i spend 150+ for billet spacers. or are the regular steel spacer gonna serve me right . i can get the steel spacers new for 55 a pair. anyone with personal experience? or knowledge? pros-cons. thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
do not get aluminum. if they are steel then there probably won't be any problems. be sure to retorque the wheels every few weeks when you air your tires.

austin

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
put on the 1 inch "wheel adapters" in the rear.. really really nice. the only thing to anyone thinking about it, either buy shorter studs. or you will have to make sure that when you cut your studs they are all the same length.. couldnt figure out why they would sell unbalanced spacers. ground down all the studs to the same length and no more vibration. thanks again, i also put 7/32 spacers in the front, took away the problem with the tires rubbing the sway bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts